Twelve

Reign P.O.V

I am scared.

       I'm so scared. My breathing was coming out shallow and with every breath I took, I felt as if it would be my last. My heart was racing and all I wanted to do was huddle under my covers and cry myself into oblivion. A choked sob released itself from my sore throat, and a light trail of tears slid out of my glossy copper colored eyes.

I was sitting in a badly lit diner, with my black hoodie—the one I stole from Axel—over my head in an attempt to use it as a second layer to hide behind. Since I had washed my hair and deep conditioned it this morning my curly mane was acting as my first layer of defense. My head was resting against the dusty table, the tears that began forming a puddle on the table begged me to use my sleeve to clean the dust away.

I have no idea why I decided to call Axel. Maybe it's cause he was had just called right before my incident. Hell he's the reason why Jensen got mad in the first, well maybe I shouldn't say mad he was furious. He demanded to know who is Axel and why was he calling my phone. When I refused to reveal Axel identity, he got violent.

        We had been walking towards my car, because we had just got done watching Jungle Book. He had talked throughout the whole movie, which completely ruined my experience regarding the movie. After refusing to give in to his demands he had dragged me down a dark alley.

      His grip on my wrist was excruciatingly painful. It felt as if he was going to snap my wrist in half. Then he pushed me up against the wall and squeezed my neck to the point where there wasn't just stars in the sky but right in front of my eyes. Before I could beg for mercy or—try—to beg for mercy he released me and yelled that it was my fault because I'm a stupid little female dog

      My head raised from the dusty table as soon as I heard the small ding that symbolized someone had walked into the diner. Suddenly all my attention is completely focused on the guy prancing inside the diner like a male tiger marking his territory. Everything else becomes secondary as I lock eyes with Axel. I'm no longer focused on the tears that are probably drying on my brown cheeks. All my common sense went out the window and into the eerie night as he approached me.

His blonde hair was swept back, thrown into a bun at the base of his head. His green eyes were wild and flickering with concern. The light stubble that I was use to was neatly trimmed across his jawline and up the side of his face to connect with his hair. He was wearing white combat boots, faded jeans with holes in the knees and a plain white shirt. As he approached the table my eyes never drifted from his alluring presence.

"Reign?" He questioned successfully causing my eyes to drift away from his chest. Up until this moment I had been avoiding eye contact with him. "Are you alright? You sounde—."

"I'm fine I was just overreacting..." I allowed the words to pour out of my mouth with a brief moment of hesitation.

He tilted his head to the side, I was officially being scrutinized as his eyes engrossed my soul like lioness successfully zooming in on their kill. His eyes were swallowing me whole. It was like looking into a green field of freshly cut grass. I reached up and pulled my hood tighter over my hair. While doing that he had made himself comfortable on the other side of the table.

We were both sitting in the booth on even terms instead of me having to put stress on my neck as I bent it backwards to look at him.

"What the hell is this?" He asked.

      When I was adjusting my hood over my head my sleeve must have slid down. He gently grabbed my wrist and examined the purple bruises that were left behind do to Jensen aggressive behavior. His rough fingers gently rubbed my wrist, he held it with tenderness. It appeared as if he was scared it might fall off if he added just a bit more pressure.