Twenty Seven

"What happened to your real parents?" I replied as I passed the joint back to him.

I normally don't smoke, I'm what people call an occasional smoker. I only smoke weed maybe once every couple of months. I could feel the drug slithering within my body relaxing all my muscles as I exhaled. The white vapor that exited my mouth traveled up into the starry night. I couldn't help but ogle it's beauty as Axel and I sat on the balcony of Nathaniel's hotel room.

The night sky was like a beautiful painting. Charcoal black covered the entire sky, with millions of bright flecks scattered throughout it. All the stars surrounded the moon like they were playing follow the leader. Bright lights illuminated from the skyscrapers surrounding us and the sound of cars below us was the only noise for a couple minutes as we continued to pass the weed.

"Honestly?" He questioned more to himself rather than me. "They probably died from an overdose on meth or died cause they couldn't pay their drug dealer."

"You believe they're dead?" I questioned as I turned away from the lights of the night to gaze at a different form of art.

     He had pulled his golden hair into a man bun so the wind would stop forcing it into his face. The minimum stubble on his face was captivating. I wanted to reach my hand out and trace the line up on his face, it was weird. Just looking at this man, this man I know I can't have was causing feelings of desire to rise within me. His eyebrows were frowning as he thought over my reply. The moon was shining on his face giving me a perfect view of his eyes.

     In the light they appeared deep, so deep you would believe you were gazing into the depths of the Amazon Rainforest. They were wild and free, like a jaguar chasing after it's prey. His jaw was set in a hardline as he took of puff of the intoxicating drug.

"I don't think about them. They don't care about me so why should I stress about what they're doing with their life." He shrugged as he passed me the joint before laying back.

    He had one hand placed under his head, one of his legs laid flat on the ground while the other was bent so it could be at length with his straight leg knee.

"I can't imagine not knowing my parents," I retorted. The wind blew my curls into my face the smell of my shampoo invaded the air as I looked down at him. His intimidating green eyes pierced into my soul giving me his undivided attention. "They're definitely, not the best parents in the world but—I don't know—they're my parents and I still love them no matter how much they screwed Sebastian and I up."

"I'm grateful to Mav and Kenna for taking me in and raising me as if I was their own," He replied as I relit the blunt cause the wind had blew it out. "Honestly I don't know if I would've made it out of the area I was living in. There was gang rivalries—hell—I even got caught up in one of their fights it's how I got some of the scars on my back. I was starting to sell dope and handing out punishments for those who didn't pay Jerome—the boss—on time."

I took my dose of heaven before passing the treasure.

"We're not normal, not even close to being normal. Huh?" I questioned with a scoff ad I directed my attention to the sky.

"Normal is overrated."

"I don't know, maybe normal can be our future goal."

"How do you expect us to reach that goal? We're both the successors to our fathers clubs." He retorted as he took another drag.

"How do you know my father appointed me?"

"It's kind of hard to miss when you're by his side at every meeting involving Sons business, not to mention everyone thinks you're a drop dead gorgeous woman and they're shocked Matis has a daughter,"  Red rims were surrounding his green eyes as he spoke. "I'm still confused how Matis managed to keep you hidden."