Forty One

Axel POV

Axel POV

"This was really stupid Ax." Hope said through the earpiece.

I was leaning up against the bar building where I first met Reign. The shadow from the building was helping the night provide cover. Music from inside the bar was blaring through the speakers invading the silence of the night.

"This could be a trap," Hope continued. "I have a bad feeling about this."

I allowed her to keep ranting in my ear as I blew out a pile of smoke. The smoke drifted into the night air, the cigarette was in between my index and middle finger. My phone vibrated in the same hand as the cigarette.

Reign

I'm here. Where are you?

Left side of the building

Alright omw

      The light from my phone illuminated my face for a brief moment as I read her text. I finished the remaining piece if my cigarette before dropping it on the ground and squishing it with my foot. The sound of my name being called alerted me. I remained in the shadows until I was sure it was my light. She was on the sidewalk where the streetlight was. And goddamn she looked beautiful.

       Her hair was parted down the middle and pulled back into a curly low ponytail. Her face was in a state of uncertainty as she peered down what looks like an empty alley. Nonetheless she still looked ravishing standing in the light like an angel. I couldn't help but wonder how did I get lucky enough to call her mine. Me? Someone who is considered heartless, risking my freedom for a brief encounter with the woman I love.

     A woman who is suppose to be my enemy. A woman I would do any and everything for. Even if it meant keeping her safe meant I would have to leave her forever. I was suppose to take her out tonight, instead I'm hiding in the shadows. I had the perfect escape for us. Manny pleaded with me to allow him to come to dinner with us. Which I was going to allow then we were going to ditch him to see the view of the city.

"Axel? It's a bit cold out here, Where are you?"

"I'm here love." I replied as I made my way out of the shadows.

        Instantly she ran towards me and engulfed herself in my arms. Her arms wrapped around my neck as I enclosed mine around her waist. The feel of her being so close to me soothed my thoughts. Her body is so familiar, the engrossing smell of vanilla had me shutting my eyes in pure bliss. The world completely faded as I held my world in my arms. Slowly she pulled back, my arms remained closed around her waist as she placed her hands on my face.