twelve.

"No! Don't fucking touch me. Just leave!" Harry shouts at his tear soaked mother. She just wanted to help. "Harry p-please just calm down! I'm trying to help you." Anne tries caressing his arm to calm him. It's not working. "Are you bloody deaf? I said don't touch me!" Harry grabs his mom by the sides of her shoulders and shakes her. "Get the fuck out of this house! Now!" Anne drops to the floor, sitting on her knees with her head held in her hands. "Harry, this isn't like you." She sobs. "How the fuck would you even know? You don't know me! You don't care! Stop pretending, stop lying!" Harry screams, eventually getting to the point where his head is pounding. "I'm sorry." His mother gets up from the floor and tries to put Harry's head in her hand once more. Harry quickly pulls his hand up and threatens to hit her. "Were you going to hit me?" Anne is shocked out of her mind. All Harry can say is, "Out."

Harry wakes up to his body covered in sweat. His heart is pounding and he has a very painful migraine. "What the fuck?" He can't believe what he just dreamt of. Even though it seemed quite familiar. He's glad it was just a dream, he'd never threaten to hit his mother. Even if she is a shitty one, at least he's got one.

Harry gets out of his bed and wonders into the kitchen, searching for some water and Advil. As soon as he's entering the dark kitchen, he sees a figure sitting on the couch. Harry hears his mom quietly crying and he immediately feels guilty, the dream being the cause. "Mum? What's going on?" He shouldn't care, since she doesn't care about him, but Harry is just that type of person.

"Nothing. What are you doing up?" His mom grabs a tissue and wipes her eyes and nose, avoiding eye contact. "I had nightmare." Harry instantly regretting telling her that information. "Well you're okay now, just go back to bed." She says obviously picking up the same regret Harry has. "I actually was going to get some pills for my head." He explains. "There's no more." Harry has a feeling he knows why. He just nods his head and turns on his heel, making his way back to his bed. It takes him a while but he finally falls back asleep.

See, Harry felt regretful of telling his mom that he had a nightmare because he used to get them a lot. When Harry was younger, he'd always wake up in the middle of the night screaming. It was always the same dream. Correction, nightmare. In this nightmare, his dad would always be yelling at his mother. It'd get so out of hand that it'd result in his father almost hitting Anne. But it never happened, his dad would just tell his mom, "Out."

***

cliché

I just realized most of my reads come from my prologue :( which means a lot of people didn't follow through. :(((