twenty seven

"I never thanked you for taking care of me after the party so, thank you," Isa said to Harry as she gripped her coffee-filled mug. She asked Harry if he wanted to meet up with her at the bakery they were at before, he reluctantly agreed, he needed some time away from the other people in his life. "Mhm," Is all he replied with, then he took a bite out of the sandwich that he ordered. "So...how have you been?" Isa asks, obviously fishing for conversation. "Vile." "Oh I'm sorry to hear that, do you want to talk about it?" She seems like she really cares. "I think my uncle is fucking my mum," Harry responds in the most monotone way possible. Isa looks taken back and surprised at his calm manner, "Y-Your mum? As in his sister?" She's thinking it's one of those incest situations and her facial expression showed a bit of disgust with a twist of shock. Harry chuckles, "In law. He's my dad's brother." "Oh my god, does your dad know?" Isa leans in, now intrigued and unknowing of Harry's dad's current state. Harry looks at her for a few seconds and replies, "No, he doesn't." 

After a while of awkward and abrupt conversation concerning various topics, Harry and Isa decide they should leave the bakery soon. "Hey, before we go, I wanted to ask you. There's another party coming up soon, and I know you didn't enjoy the last one but do you want to go with me?" "Isa-" "I promise at this one I won't puke all over the floor, you won't need to chaperone. I want you to actually have fun." She looks at Harry with puppy eyes, hoping that he says yes. Harry avoids eye contact and thinks for a few seconds, "I-I don't think so. Parties aren't really my scene." "This one will be different, I think it's a bonfire at the beach this time. It's being held by different people from a different crowd. Please Harry, I really want you to go." She reaches her hands across the table and sets them on top of Harry's. He pulls his away and runs his them through his hair. "I'll think about it." He thinks maybe she's right and it'll be different, but that's what everyone says about every party.