twenty eight.

"Harry, will you please stop avoiding your problems?"

"Do you even have feelings?"

"What's wrong with you?"

"I can tell that you're not okay."

"Wow your life seems awful, I'm glad mine isn't like that."

These are all things that Harry can't get out of his head. They're flooding his mind and he isn't able to fall asleep. He hates it when people try to maneuver their way into his life, acting as if they're some therapist or real help when in reality, they're just nosy and bored with their own lives. 

He tosses and turns for what it seems like forever, but it's nothing new. He just had a bit of hope that he was getting better since his troubles died down for a while, but here they are yet again, ready to pull him under just when he thought he could swim. After a few minutes, Harry decides to head over to the living room, maybe a change of scenery will help.

When he enters the room, he sees his mom sitting on the couch watching television. She looks up at him and forces a non-teethed smile, "Hey, what's up?" She picks up the remote and pauses whatever she was watching. "Can't sleep." Harry walks over to her and takes a seat next to her. His mom reaches over and runs her hand through his hair and looks her son in the eyes. "You know, I may not be the best mum or even person, but you can talk to me. Don't ever think that you're not able to, cause you are. I've been trying to get my drinking under control...for you." She seems somewhat genuine this time, but Harry's heard it all before.

 "I've been meaning to tell you that I ran into Uncle Harrison a few days ago." His mom sits up, her attention fixated on her son. "Oh." Harry was expecting a bit more shock from her considering that man ruined their lives. He gets up quickly and slowly backs away from her once his realization kicks in. "You knew." He scoffs. "W-What? Harry please sit down, let's talk about this. Where did you see him?" She stays on the couch, proceeding with caution. "Don't play fucking dumb with me mum. You know exactly where I saw him, I bet what he said was true yeah?" Harry's voice begins to rise as him and his mother are now both standing. 

"What did he say? I honestly don't know Harry." She sighs and runs her hands through her hair, making Harry realize where he got the habit. "Admit it." He holds his eye contact with her at all times. "I-" "Admit that you're fucking him." His voice now low and almost demon-like; filled with anger and hurt. "Wha-Is that what he said?" "Just admit it, mum!" Harry is now yelling as he's getting impatient with his mother. "Okay, okay! Once." Her head hangs low and she hears Harry begin to chuckle. "I knew it." He now laughs louder, "I fucking knew it." Harry feels a tear escape from his eye and he reaches his cheek to catch it, then looking down at his hand as if crying is something he's never experienced. He's experienced it, he's been very up close and personal with tears, just not in awhile. His mother tries to reach her arms out to hold her son but he swats her arms away. "Harry. I'm sorry, but it only happened one time! And it'll never happen again, I promise." Harry begins to grab his jacket in a quick manner and the car keys, he opens the door slowly.

"I-I can't keep living off of broken promises." And with that, he shuts the door and he's gone.