Chapter Eight

A/N: Sorry for not posting in a while, I had football practice and a cold so I've been sleeping. This is a super short chapter but I felt like it shows how strong the bond between these two are now, well reader and simon but like how they're really close rn. Also promise there will be more chapters this weekend.  

I turned around to his concerned face staring right back at me.

"Say something." His voice in that soft croaky tone. 

"Simo-" 

"Y/N just fucking talk to me please." He begged.

"Simon." I sighed.

"Please Y/N." His eyes lost in desire. 

"Simon, you don't even know me." I started to regret my decision, why did I do this? I should leave. I shook my head and went to grab the doorknob.

He grabbed my wrist to face me around.

"Y/N you cant just come here and not say anything." He stated, his adams apple quivering.

"I'm Sorry. Okay I am so sorry Simon." My eyes started watering and his grip on my wrist loosened.

"I didn't mean for it to get this out of hand." shaking my head a little.

"It felt like you lied to me and I blamed it on you." A tear trickle down my face.

"You didn't even know and I made it seem as if you tried killing me or something." He let go of my wrist. 

"I've had a shit past Simon. Guess that's just how it was for me, I was so used to always being the second choice. I was always left behind by people and things that meant so much to me. And it felt good for once to feel that someone may have cared. I was broken." More tears tumbled down my cheeks.

"They called me crazy for wanting to go to the city and leave those suffocating suburbs. It's not the comfort of home I wanted to escape, it was the discomfort of the people there. I couldn't wait for the day that I would one day fit in with the waves of people in a busy city. The day I could finally feel like I fit in somewhere." I ran my hand through my hair so it would gently drop down to cover my face. 

"We haven't talked in a week and that enough, fucking sucks. Being alone in London and not having anyone what so ever to talk to, kills." I sat down, a quick glance to see his eyes still on me. I felt him pull me into his embrace and I didn't flinch, I just eased into it, because honestly that was all I really needed. I was sitting on him crying into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. I never wanted to go, I somehow felt safe being in his arms. He made it seem as if everything was going to be okay.

"Y/N?" His voice turned soft and croaky.

I pulled away from his chest to see those ocean blue eyes glare back at mine. He smiled at me before tucking my hair behind my ear. My face slowly transitioned to a smug half smile as I watched the veins on his neck slowly loosen. 

"I'm here for you okay?." He whispered both of his hands now wiping the leftover tears dripping on my cheeks. pulling me back into his warm body.

I felt more tears trickle as my head rested against his chest. Hearing his heart beat slow back down to normal made me relaxed. I took huge breathes, some trembling and some synchronized with Simon's heart beat. It must've been ten, twenty minutes before I pulled my head away from his chest. He grinned at me with that smug half smile of his. His gaze shifted to my hair as he started intertwining his fingers in them.

Why do you stick by me? You barely even know me" I asked, swollen eyes and messy hair as he held me in his arms.

"Because, you're the reason I smile."

His look alone could make me feel an adrenaline rush, as if I was high on him. I consumed him like a drug, inhaling and exhaling, feeling a warmth whenever he was around. Feeling like I was secure and safe. He did this, he made me feel whole.