Chapter Thirteen

A/N: This is a short chapter but it came with chapter twelve, a little present to you guys. Ish. Also, FUCKING FINALLY IKR. 

He walked away from me once our eyes met. 

I apologized to the brunette before running after Simon. He went through the entire crowd and out the front door. I passed Cal on the way and told him to wait while I sprinted out the front door. The road was a bit crowded but I kept following Simon until he turned the curb onto an empty street.

"Simon." I breathed out. He stopped in his track and turned his body to be in sync with mine.

"Y/N." he eyes looking anywhere but mine.

"Why are you here?" I panted, his eyes caught into mine.

"To see you." His facial expression turned angry, I could tell he was hurt.

"To see me? After how you treated me?" I blurted, my voice started to rise.

"Treated you?" He stated, his eyes filling with anger. There was a silence until I managed to speak.

"You fucking didn't even talk to me for two weeks." 

"Y/N You just kissed another guy!" He exclaimed with anger

"We aren't even fucking dating Simon." My voice turned angry as I shouted at him. 

"But-"

"You talk and flirt with me the entire summer then you fucking leave me for two weeks and now you're here pretending like nothing happened." I scoffed.

"Y/N" He stuttered.

"You cant just come into my life and make me fall for you then fucking leave me behind." my voice turned husky as the tears flooded down my face. 

"Y/N it's different." He took a step towards me but I took one back.

"God, Simon did I fucking fall for you." More tears ran down as I pursed my lips and shook my head at him. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

There was silence before I managed to gather myself to speak. "It's okay." I replied, as something undefinably magical built up in my heart.

"I didn't mean to-" His eyes filled with sorrow. 

"Si, it honestly doesn't matter." I breathed out gently.

"We're just friends." I stated croakily. 

His hands went through his hair. I started to walk away when he grabbed my wrist, turned me around pulling me in closer, gently put his hands on my waist. 

Looking me in the eyes before placing his hand on my face and leaning in. I kissed him. We both needed it. At that moment everything felt perfect. 

He pulled away as I rested my head onto his chest. 

Leaning close, I listen to his heart beat and watch his chest rise and fall. These moments will be the ones I will remember, I tell myself. I will memorize the curves and arches of his determined face. I will be able to tap out the rhythm of his heart and hum the pattern of his breathing. I can't let go of something so simply beautiful as the world around us gets so ugly and begins to tarnish us.

"Si" I whispered, my voice still croaky from the crying.

"Yeah." I could feel him tense up. 

"Let's go." I sniffed pulling away from his embrace and tucking my hair behind my ear. 

I looked up at him to see those damn ocean baby blue eyes sparkling at mine. I felt as he intertwined his fingers into mine and kissed my forehead gently. 

His smug half smile painted across his face as I blushed.