Awful Story Beginnings

I was reading some works on Wattpad the other day and I noticed in every single novel I read, there were several recurring words and phrases that will make me leave so fast it's not even funny. (Surprise, surprise, they were in pretty cliché novels)

Because in my opinion, I hate it when I open a book and I'm full of hope and the book is full of the same phrases as every other book, it makes me feel like this:

    Just a side note: if you were wondering why I was reading novels that were oh-so-cliché, I was trying to make a list of clichés to avoid in the book I'm working on (yes I'm still promoting that, I haven't given up yet)

So after I realized this (and I can't believe it took me this long to notice, shame on me, or maybe I did but I just didn't pay attention) I'm just going to make a list (yay, more lists) of cliché words and phrases I've seen.

-He ran his hand through his hair, messing it up even more.

-I gazed into his intense orbs. (Would you ever in a real-life scenario call eyes, orbs? Probably not, if you wouldn't do it in a real-life scenario don't put it in your writing.)

-He/I chuckled.

-She/I giggled. (I hate reading that)

-He/she bit their lip.

-"Did I just say that out loud?"

-"OMG" (or text talk in general)

-"Wait, did we..?"

-All of the girls started caking their faces and screaming when he walked by.

-"Stay away from (insert name here), he's mine, bitch."

-"I just met him like two minutes ago, but I feel like I've known him for years and can tell him anything."

-She squealed.

-I was suddenly pulled into the janitors closet.

-He started leaning closer, is he going to kiss me? Please no!!!111???!!111!!11!!! (Dude, just push him away or punch him)

-I just had an apple for lunch today. (Bruh by lunch I'm hungry af)

-We went to Starbucks and I ordered a Venti triple vanilla caramel chocolate chip skinny, slim, skinny, soy cotton candy frappuchino, two sleeves no cup.

-I wore a knee-length dress and flats. (Who wears dresses to school? If I had no uniform I'd wear pajamas)

-I wore my ugg boots, tribal leggings, oversized sweater and tied my hair up in a messy bun.

-I don't wear makeup, I'm not like those sluts.

-He smirked.

-His voice was rough, and husky.

-He tossed away his cigarette and flashed his pearly white teeth. (Dude if you smoke your teeth will not be white).

-He was dressed in a leather jacket, his piercing orbs piercing right through my soul, his hair was messy, clearly a bad boy.

-I believed I could change him and turn the bad boy good.

-Our hands brushed and I felt electricity spark across my skin (PIKACHU)

-I jumped into my fluffy bed.

-He smashed his lips on mine.

-He bit my lip asking for an entrance.

-I melted into the kiss and felt my knees give out.

-I pulled out my favorite piece of actual literature, "The Fault in Our Stars" (Not hating on TFIOS here, even though I don't favor it that much, just saying that a lot of people view it as a literary novel and it's kinda not, the definition of literature is a novel that is viewed with superior or lasting artistic merit, not saying it won't be a piece of literature, it just isn't now)

-I loved how nice and kind he was to all the little kids (Dude I've never met someone who could be sugarplum sweet to little kids for over three minutes)

-I was shocked, Prom King and Queen?!?!?!11!!!??!?!

-BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

-Hi! My name is...

-I listened to different music than the other girls, I enjoyed punk rock, heavy metal and screamo, like 5SOS, Bring me the Horizon, Sleeping With Sirens and My Chemical Romance

-I hadn't played the guitar in years... but obviously I was just as good and I could still sing with the voice of a goddess

-Then I woke up and realized it was all a dream.

-Then I went home, showered and fell asleep.

-I felt tears threatening to spill.

-I must have been as red as a tomato.

-The first day back at the hellhole they call school.

-I felt like butterflies were having a party in my stomach.

-The little voice in my head spoke again and I scolded it. (I think the word your looking for is schizophrenia which is a serious mental disorder)

-His voice boomed.

-I felt the tears starting to fall down my cheeks. (Why is everyone so sensitive in these stories? It's like someone snaps at them and they have an emotional breakdown)

-We woke up and shared a passionate kiss. (Ew, morning breath)

-The kiss soon went from sweet to spicy. (¡Ay! ¡Está muy picante! ¡Yo necesito leche por favor!)

Yes, I know my Spanish sucks, I'm working on it. I'm listening to Hamilton right now. I'm trash lol.

And I now deeply regret posting that chapter last night, am I going to delete it? No. And Hamilton is amazing by the way (my fish)

Still working on the story but peace out,

-Hollow