Prologue

Geri Leona Tiocson

I bit my lower lip as I dwell and focused on the sketch that I was making for my new collection. I was starting to draw a new gown for the nth time today because I can't think of a new patterns clearly because Fabian keeps on phoning me and it's annoying. My phone was on silent but still the vacation that he was offering is very tempting.

I've been sulking here in my office because of making new designs for as long as I can remember and I know that I deserve a break. But the fashion show that I've arranged is just nearly a month away and my collection is not yet finished! My target was to make 45 gowns and I've already got 40 sketches and almost half of them are done, thanks to my awesome team, and now I still got 5 more gowns to make.

I groaned aloud and ripped off the sheet of my sketch pad and threw it in the bin underneath my table. Another mess! Nakakailang ulit na ako, halos mapuno na nga ang basurahan ko ng mga papel na puro sketches ko pero hindi pa rin ako makapag-isip ng bagong design. Bwisit kasi 'tong si Fabian eh!

And slowly, I was killing him inside my head for offering such enticing suggestion.

I propped my elbows on the table and put my chin on both of my hands as I blew the few strands of my hair that was newly highlighted with ash gray yesterday, out of my face.

My phone that was on the side of the table lit up and a picture of grinning Fabian appeared. He was calling again.

I harshly palmed my face and groaned aloud before answering his call.

"Finally! My god, Geri I've been calling you for almost an hour now!" He hissed on the other line. He was teed off, I know.

"Sorry." I'm not sorry.

"I told you that I'm busy. I'm sketching," That was true but I was purposely ignoring his calls.

He heaved a heavy sigh on the other line. "You will come with me and you can't do anything about that. You've been very busy these past few months and I terribly miss you. Masyado ka ng nagpapakalunod diyan sa pagdedesign mo." Oh, someone's getting serious in here huh.

"Oh really? Para ka naman kasing tanga! Aayain mo akong magbakasyon tapos sa sarili pa nating resort!" Galit kong utas. Yes, that's true. Gan'on sya kakuripot.

"Eh minsan lang naman tayo pumunta dun, sige na. Please?"  His voice became tiny and if it was in a different situation it will annoy me but this time it made my lips broke into a silly grin.

"Ilang araw ba tayo dun?" I said while biting my lip, stopping my self from lauging.

*****

"Walangya ka talaga!" Sigaw ko at ibinalibag ang isa kong dalang traveling bag kay Fabian. I was mad at him because he let me flew all by myself here at our resort in Palawan because he said that's he's already here and then when I went to the reserved presendential suite for us I was welcomed with two making out people on the couch.

"Ouch! What the fuck!" Sigaw ni Fabian pagkatapos ay tumayo siya na hinihimas ang ulo niya na tinamaan ko.

"Bwisit ka talaga! Pinabiyahe mo akong mag-isa tapos ito pa maaabutan ko?!" I groaned aloud and shot him a deathly glare and also the guy he was making out with, that is now blushing furiously. 

Yes a guy. He's making out with a guy. Eh syempre bading siya. Baka magtitili pa yan pag nakipaghalikan sa babae.

"Sorry na, ito naman.. Minsan lang.." Paglalambing pagkatapos ay lumakad patungo sa akin with his disgusting puppy eyes look.

"Anong minsan?! Eh weekly ata iba-iba--" Hindi ko natapos ang sasabihin ko dahil tinakpan niya ang aking bibig.

"Shut up! I met him here and I don't want to lose a date during our vacation!" He hissed at me, his expressive eyes were narrowed into slits.

Marahas kong tinanggal ang kamay niya sa bibig ko at sinamaan siya ng tingin.

"This is supposed to be our  vacation! Fabs naman.. Bakit mo pa ako inaya kung balak mo lang din palang makipaglandian dito?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko sa kanya.

"I just said that for you to loosen up. You need this Gerg. Tingnan mo yang mata mo, nagkakamaleta na! Ang laki laki na ng eyebags! Haggard na haggard na yang itsura mo teh. Maghanap ka ng fafa diyan at malapit ka ng maging old maid!" Aba't tingnan mo to! Ako pa pinagalitan?

"Bakit napunta sa lovelife ko ang usapan? At saka sinabi ko naman sayo na malapit na yung fashion show ko at kulang pa ang mga gowns na ginawa ko."

"You're designing someone else's wedding gown your whole life, Gerg! Malapit ka ng mawala sa kalendaryo, wala ka pa ding jowa! Go enjoy this resort and find your groom!" He exclaimed like it was the brightest idea that he could ever give.

"I don't care. I'm contented with my life Fabs." I said, resignation was lacing through my voice.

"Stop fooling around na kasi. You can't just hook up with celebrities, starlets, or hot businessmen your whole life. Yung ovaries mo mag-eexpire na. Go build your own family."

"Let's stop arguing about this. Inform the manager to reserve another presidential suite for me. I still got five gowns to design." I dismissively said. What's wrong with having fun? Ayokong matali sa kahit sino. Heck, I don't like the idea of getting attached to someone. I hate it. Mas okay na rin yung ganito, just a night and it's done. No strings attached, just a two persons with raging hormones.

I've hooked up with countless guys. That's how it should be. I got men wrapped around my fingers. I got them playing right just on the palm of my hand.

Why settle with one when I can have them all? Yes, I am a playgirl. Loud and proud.