Chapter 28 - Ang Suite

I wore a shameless fitted blood red dress that matched the color of my tinted lips. I needed to look more mature than my age, which was the usual thing that I do because I needed to look older so I can join pageants that only allow 18 year old ladies and up.

Isang taon na lang naman ay tutungtong na ako sa eded na iyon.

But I needed to look 10 years older now for a completely different reason. My hair was in big waves, pinarte ko ito sa gitna upang mapansin rin ang makinang na diamanteng kong mga hikaw. In which he gave me. Paniguradong ibebenta ko lang din naman ito pagkatapos ng gagawin namin ngayon.

I feel sick. Naiisip ko pa lamang ang papasukin ko ngayon ay parang nasusuka na ako. I wasn't raised this way, but with my young mind, this was the only thing I thought I can do. It was the easiest too.

I entered the high end hotel with such ease and familiarity, with one of his personal bodyguard tailing me. I was once here for a pageant. Kaya hindi na ako magmumukhang tanga pagpasok ko. I wanted to blend it. So I strut the hotel's lobby with such ease and confidence.

I went straight to the lift.

Kurt, the bodyguard was the one who assisted me with the buttons because he has the card.

I saw myself at the reflection on the mirrors surrounding the elevator. I looked mature. Just like what he likes. But then still young.

With my little knowledge about make ups, I managed to cover the dark circles around my eyes for not sleeping much and all the crying last night.

Pero ngayon ay ubos na ang luha ko. My beloved father was at stake here.

I felt empty. But the wild beating of my heart won't stop. I've made my decision, I will do this. Since my mother couldn't handle everything, as the eldest I should take charge. Even if it cost me my dignity and whole being.

The phone in my gold clutch rang. Kinuha ko iyon at tiningnan ang tumatawag.

It's him.

"I cannot wait to see you." Was the first thing he said. My heart throbbed. Painfully.

Shame, disgust, anger was building up inside me but I chose to swallow everything. I should shut all my emotions down.

"Don't you now, Diego?" I played along. My words felt like acid when I spit out.

A gruff chuckle echoed in my ear. I almost shiver.

"Don't keep me waiting," the line was cut then the elevator chimed.

Ngayon ay si Kurt na ang sinusundan ko patungo sa suite na inukupahan ni Diego. I have all the time in the world to back out and run, no one forced me to do this. But I needed to. I was left with no choice.

The offer was too good not to take. It was my last resort.

Kurt gave three warning knocks on the door before opening it with his card. He opened the door for me, his face remained emotionless as always. There must be no humor in his bones.

The lights were dim inside. The door closed behind me, the sound and the cold temperature inside the room made the hair on my neck stand.

A king size bed with white and brown covers welcomed me. Sa kabilang parte ay isang kulay kahoy na malaking couch at isang love seat.