Chapter 33 - Ang Nakaraan

Hi guys! How have you been? I hope you're safely tucked in your bed now and following all the precautionary measures for this awful pandemic. Nyways, I accidentally posted this chapter without even editing nor finishing it, but now it's all done and ready for ya! Keep safe, stay home, stay hydrated and eat healthy!

My stomach went cold as I stare at the perfect replica of Diego de Lara. Claire looks so much like her father and that made my face grow colder.

Out of all the people that I expected to see, she was not even on my list. Sure I expected Scarlett's appearance on this dinner but never the daughter of the man who changed my life. Better financially, but drastic and depressing change in my emotional state.

"Claire, darling!" Sinalubong ni Stella ang bagong dating na bisita ng magkabilang halik sa pisngi.

"I'm glad you made it!" She exclaimed, chuckling. The two looks the same age but I know Claire is maybe five years younger.

"I am too! Brought a Perignon with me, I gave it to one of your maids to have it chilled." Claire gracefully replied.

I feel like my intestines are tied because of the weird feeling I have. Para akong nakakita ng multo. A ghost from my past, that is.

Hindi maalis ang titig ko sa kanya dahil pinipilit kong maniwala na guni-guni ko lamang siya. But when Ate Amelia rose to her seat to greet her as well as Noah, I let out a shaky breath.

Holy fuck. She's real. She's here.

"Ah of course, Claire this is Geri Tiocson, my son's girlfriend." Stella introduced me and I was still in state of a fucking shock.

Halos maputol na ang litid sa leeg ko dahil sa kaba.

Claire's cold stare met mine and it was fucking nostalgic. I know I'm slowly panicking but I tried to calm myself down.

"How can I forget my father's favorite mistress?" She announced with a cold stare as she slowly sat down.

Natigalgal ako roon at narinig ko ang marahas na pagsinghap ni Ate Amelia. I feel like I was glued to my chair and I had goosebumps when Stella De Ville laughed loudly.

"Claire!" Natatawa nitong saway.

I am lost for words. I want to fight back and answer but my mouth is sealed. I look at Ate Amelia and she is looking at me quizzicaly.

I am afraid to give Noah a glance but I still I did. He looks so confused as he stare at me, his mom, and Claire.

"I'm sorry for my straightforwadness my dear, but Noah I never thought that you would have such a cheap and lowly girl as a girlfriend." She remarked.

I never felt so humiliated my whole life. Sa harap pa ng pamilya ng lalaking una kong minahal. I feel my face heaten because of pure embarassment.

My vision got blurry with forming tears.

"Tita!" Ate Amelia utters in disbelief.

Napayuko ako at halos magngitngit sa galit. But no matter how humiliated I am at this moment, naiintindihan ko pa rin ang galit sa akin ng anak ni Diego. I fucking caused her mother's heart attack.

Diego got so obssessed with me after the awful night we shared. He was a man of his words though. He promised not to bug me after and he did not. But all the stalking his people did to me was creepy and scared the shit out of me. Hindi niya ako ginulo, but he still kept an eye on me so his wife found out and had a heart attack which made Claire cause a scene in an exclusive auction gala night.

The gala was attented by the elite, kaya kaunti lamang ang mga dumalo. I was there because I won a pageant and was invited to present some of the important items that was sold in the auction.