Underwater

Juan Marcos is the hottest guy alive. He is sweet, kind, romantic, cute, athletic and he is my cousin. I'd had a crush on him since forever. Well, after I got over Mark, that is. Unfortunately, Juan Marcos had a girlfriend, Angela. They were actually really in love, unlike Mark and Samantha-those two of them really annoyed me. I still couldn't understand why Mark didn't just leave her if she scared him so much. No matter how good she was in bed (Mark's words not mine), she was poison everywhere else.

Angela, on the other hand, was perfect. She was the ultimate biker chick. She loved dirt and riding motorcycles, just like Juan, and the two of them were perfect for each other. My stupid brain had been toying with the idea of Juan being my Mystery Man. He was there at the party but he was with Angela the entire time. Even if it had been him, I would've smelt him because he always smells of motor oil. That smell made me go crazy!

The worst part about all this was that I didn't want to tell anyone. I was scared that if I told the twins they would go around asking every guy they saw if he had kissed me. I knew they would never do that to me but still, my brain wouldn't allow my lips to form the words whenever I wanted to tell them.

That day Juan Marcos was outside, in the pool with his girlfriend. They had come over for a small lunch my parents decided to host. The invitation said family only but everyone knew this was going to turn into a house party as soon as the adults left. We were already expecting a couple of teenagers that night.

My parents didn't mind us having a party though. As long as nothing got broken. Once, I broke this elephant statuette from Asia and I had another one flown in the next day. They didn't notice a thing-being rich had its advantages sometimes.

'Nica why don't you come swim?' Austin asked, walking into the room.

I was sitting on a couch in my bathing suit underneath a dress and he had a towel over his shoulder.

'No, I'm not up for it now,' I said.

He sat down and started nudging me.

'What's up?'

'Nothing.'

'No it's not nothing. Nica please tell me what's wrong.'

I giggled and shifted away from him. 'You sound 6 years old. If I tell you -you'll freak out.' I said.

He gave me his pinky and grinned. 'I promise I won't.'

I rolled my eyes and smiled at him. We pinky swore then I started telling him about my Mystery Man.

'Sounds like you got a secret admirer. Wanna check if it's me?' he asked, leaning dangerously close to my face.

'Aaah! No! Get away from me!' I giggled, scrambling away from him.

'C'mon just a little peck. You never know-maybe it was Me.' he was now literally on top of me.

'Please don't! I beg you!'

He started tickling my side and one hand touched my neck.

'Stop! You know I hate it when people touch my neck!' I shrieked.

He carried on tickling me and I couldn't handle it anymore. I burst out laughing-well more like shrieking.

'Let me go!' I tried hitting him but he didn't even flinch. I tried pulling his fingers off me but he just grinned and carried on tickling me. It was torture.

'OK OK! I'm sorry-I surrender! Whatever- just let me go!' I screamed, tears running down my cheeks.

Austin let out a satisfied chuckle and stopped tickling me. 'I see you're still ticklish,' he said.

'Idiot. You're so evil. Don't-'

The sound of a door slamming interrupted me. I turned and saw a mane of dark hair disappear down the hall. Rosalie.

'Oh fuck.' I slapped my forehead and collapsed onto the couch.

'What's wrong?' Austin asked.

'Just...don't...shut up.' I stood up and went out to the pool. I needed a distraction.

'Hey babe.' Angela greeted me.

Juan raised a brow and pretended to be annoyed. 'So you cheating on me with my baby cousin too?'

I hated when he called me that.

Angela rolled her eyes at him. 'I told you that I love her. Juan you just aren't enough for me.'

She pulled herself out of the water as Juan pretended to cry after her.

I hugged her wet body and grinned at both of them. 'Sorry for intruding.'

'No prob, Vero. Come on in.' Juan said, opening his arms wide.

I wanted to die in those arms but then I felt instantly guilty because Angela was standing right next to me.

'Move back. I'm gonna jump in.' I removed my light dress and stood in my purple bikini.

'Oooh I like you bikini,' Angela said. She was wearing a black one-piece that covered her boobs and vagina.

'Thanks.' I said. If I were any other girl, I would've been way too embarrassed to walk out in a bikini around her-she was gorgeous.

'Hold on!' Out came Austin, wearing his red swimming trunks. He threw his towel on top of my dress and stood next to me.

'Let's see who can stay underwater the longest after jumping in,' he said.

'I bet you 100 dollars I can stay longer,' I said, feeling confident.

'Deal.'

We ran back and on the count of 3, ran and jumped into the pool.

Splash!

My body hit the water and I sinked in. I had to stop myself from coming up for air. The second I was in, my lungs were ready to burst.

Why the hell did I agree to this?

I looked to my left and there was Austin, smiling in the water.

How the hell is he doing that?

He waved and winked at me. UNDERWATER!!!

I gave him the middle finger and watched his reaction. He just smiled and winked at me again. Then he did a backflip!

'Show off!' I made a huge mistake by opening my mouth.

Water rushed into my lungs and I couldn't take it anymore. I rushed to the top for air but something kept pulling me back. Austin was grabbing my leg and pulling me towards him. I kicked, my lungs filled to the brink with water and my brain screaming: 'AIR! NOW!'

Austin's grip strengthened and soon I he was holding me in his arms. The closeness made me totally forget that I was about to die. He looked into my eyes and stroked my probably wild hair. My heart stopped-either from the lack of oxygen or from the fact that I had just realised how hot my best friend was.

Soon he was kissing me before I could swim away. His lips met mine and we kissed slowly, totally oblivious to the fact that we were underwater. His hands stroked my body as mine held his face and explored his hair. It felt so damn good. Fuck I hadn't been kissed this good since...

Oh Fuck!

I pushed him away and swam to the top. I gasped for air and spat the water in my lungs and Austin's spit. He came up soon afterwards and didn't even gasp for oxygen.

'You idiot! What the fuck was that?' I screamed.

'I was trying to give you air. I-'

'What?! You are so-Urghhh!' I swam to the edge and pulled myself out of the water. Without thinking, I grabbed his towel and my dress and went straight inside.

'What was that?' I heard Juan ask as I stomped to the building.

I didn't stick around to hear what Austin's explanation would be. My room was calling my name.

Playlist song...Into you by Ariana Grande