Girls' Day Out

Favourite Character nominee: Rosalie

...

The next morning, I woke up to find Rosalie typing away at my desk.

'What are you doing here?' I asked.

She turned and smiled brightly at me.

'I got lonely in my room so I decided to come study here in your room.'

I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom. I emerged a half hour later and this time Rosalie was going through my investigation folders.

'I can't believe Mark has been lying to us all these years,' she said, staring at the picture of the real Marcus Reed.

'Yeah well he did what he thought was right. It's not his fault his real family is messed up.' I said, plugging in the blow dryer.

'Why are you suddenly defending him? Just yesterday you wanted his head chopped off.' She asked with a brow raised.

I put the blow dryer down and plonked myself on the bed. I told her everything Mark had said, including his undying love for me.

'I actually think I love him too.' I said, staring at the ceiling.

Rosalie stared at me open-mouthed.

'Oh my...gosh...how?' she stuttered, shaking her head.

'I know, I know. I think I've always loved him-even when I was with Austin. Hell, I feel so bad now.'

'Shut up and let me think.' She said.

I rolled my eyes and giggled as she fought with her brain.

'Look I've always known that Mark likes you. What I don't get is how he kept his real identity and his feelings under wraps the entire time! It doesn't make any sense-his life must've been hell.'

I nodded, tears springing into my eyes as I remembered what Mark had said.

'He said it was torture. I don't understand why he kept up the act this entire time.' I said silently.

'This is sooo romantic! He loved you from a distance and couldn't tell you because of Samantha. No wonder he despised Austin-he was just jealous,' Rosalie screeched, going all girly on me.

'Ohhh,' I groaned.

I felt guilty, happy and angry all at once and it was messing with my ability to think.

'Why don't we go to the spa? It will take your mind off this whole mess.' Rosalie said, still typing on her laptop.

'You just want a break from studying without feeling bad about it.'

She gave me a pointed look. 'Obviously. Now hurry up.'

I rolled my eyes.' Fine. Just wait a while so I can get ready.'

I got off the bed and got ready for our girl's day out.

#PLAYLIST SONG...Me and my girls by Fifth Harmony✊