Girl Problems (BONUS CHAPTER)

There are many advantages to being a girl. Unfortunately that day I couldn't think of one. My monthly three days of bloody (pun intended) torture had hit me harder than usual and I crashed into bed the second I got back from school.

Austin wasn't there to comfort me as I got punished for not being pregnant: he had to stay behind in detention because he didn't do his homework so I was all alone.

I tried taking pills for the pains but they didn't help much so I ended up lying on my stomach and trying to fall asleep.

But, seeing as I lived with the nosiest family ever, my sleep was interrupted.

"Hey, Nini. Do you have-" Mark asked as he casually strolled into my room.

"The fuck! What if I was changing huh? Or making out with my boyfriend?" I shot up and yelled at him.

He took off his headphones and looked at me with a look of confusion.

"You just barge in here without knocking!" I explained.

"No, no, I get that. I'm just confused as to why you think you'd ever make out with a boy in here. Mom and dad would never allow it. Besides, it's not as if you-"

"I dare you to finish that sentence." I cut him off.

My brother smirked and shut the door. I sighed and snuggled back into my blankets.

"What do you want, Mark? I'm too tired to argue today." I stated.

I heard him walk towards the bed and felt him sit on it.

"Hey, Nini. Are you ok?" He asked.

"No, I'm not. I'm dying." I groaned.

"Please don't joke like that. Are you ok? Do you need me to go punch a certain blonde teenage boy?" He mused.

"It's not Ozzie. And don't insult him. He's my boyfriend." I answered with a sigh.

"Then whats wrong? You're acting weird." He commented.

"Nothing. Im just not feeling great." I groaned.

He was silent for a short while before he stood up.

"I'll be right back. Don't move."

I rolled my eyes as he left my room, closing the door behind him. About two minutes later, he came in with a hot water bottle and a small bag.

"What's that?" I asked, curiously getting out from the covers.

Mark made his way to the couch in the corner and waved me over. Ignoring the horrible pain in my gut, i grabbed my duvet and walked over towards him.

He silently handed me the hot water bottle and unzipped the bag.

"Thanks. How'd you figure it out?" I asked curiously.

"Its the 20th and I pretty much have your monthly chart memorised." He answered.

I stared at him with my mouth agape. "What? That's like, so weird."

He shrugged. "You are always extra moody and less fun during your period so it's easy to tell."

"I'm going to ignore the fact that you know whenever I'm on my period and devour all these heavenly treats you brought me." I said and grabbed a bar of chocolate from the small bag.

"You're welcome." Mark replied sarcastically.

"Oh shut up. Where'd you even get this?" I asked through the nut-filled bar.

"Just grabbed some stuff from the snack bar." He answered and grabbed the tv remote.

"What d'you wanna watch?" He asked, going through the shows available.