I Fuckin Love You

'Vero wake up! Mark is in jail!' Rosalie screamed into my ear the next morning.

'What?' I asked, wiping the sleep out of my eyes and staring at her.

'Mark is in jail! We need to go! Wake up!' she screamed, before stomping out of the room.

I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom. I quickly showered, dressed then went downstairs to find everyone waiting for me. Even Drew was there.

'What happened?' I asked Rosalie as we climbed into Drew's car.

'Mark handed himself into the police yesterday.' She said.

'Figures. He probably thought I was going to spill anyway so he decided to turn himself in,' I muttered.

'Spill what?' Drew asked.

'Don't you guys know?' I asked. "I thought you people were spies.'

I told them the whole story on our way to the police station.

'Wow. I can't believe Mark would want to kill you. It's obvious he's in love with you.' Rosalie said.

'What?' I asked.

'I've known Mark my whole life. He can hide his feelings well but I've seen the way he looks at you. That over-protective stuff you complain about is him loving you.' She said as we walked into the police station.

'Whatever. You're wrong. We were all wrong.'

I asked to see Mark first and a guard took me to the holding cells.

'Wake up. Someone is here to see you.'

Mark, who was lying on the wooden bench against the wall, looked up. His face lit up and he walked to the bars between us. The guard said he would be outside if I needed him then he left.

'Nini,' Mark started.

'Why did you turn yourself in? You couldn't handle me telling everyone so you took the cowards way out, didn't you?'

His face fell and he sat back down on the bench.

'Do you really think that?' he asked softly.

My heart broke when I looked at him. He wasn't my big bad over-protective brother anymore. His shirt was wrinkled and his hair stood at crazy angles. His face was puffy and he looked pale. But he was also a liar and a murderer too. Who knew what else he had done that I didn't know about.

'I don't know Mark. Up till yesterday I trusted you with my life now I just...don't...know. Tell me-why? Why did you lie the entire time?' I asked.

He looked up at me and his expression was pitiful. 'I lied about my surname when I was a kid because my dad told me to. I didn't know it was wrong then. I lied when I said nobody knew where Kat's daughter was but I never lied about anything else.'

'What about your precious Sam?' I asked.

'What about her? I only lied and said she was my girlfriend. Her other name is Samantha but that doesn't matter. I'm just happy you came to see me,' he said, smiling softly.

'I came for answers,' I spat back.

'Tell me-did you kill Austin? Did you plan your revenge with your sister while you were both at SpyCorp? Tell me all you two planned on doing.' I said, folding my arms and silently cursing myself for wearing heels-my feet were killing me.

'Sam killed Austin and I was never ok with that. I was furious at her and I threatened to expose her if she did anything to hurt you again. I never wanted in on this whole thing. My whole life was orchestrated by my father and I didn't know how to stop it.' He said, pulling at his hair.