Stay With Me

Chapter28

It was a bit farfetched to think that the missing Prince who had been last seen on the water on the other side of the country was in such a location, looking like a pirate and seeming completely calm with him surroundings.
Their common sense was clearly brushing it off and putting him off as a look-a-like or something similar.
Zayn's expression didn't appear altered. Instead, the male rolled his eyes lightly, "I think my trust is more stupid than it is funny to be honest."
"Hah." Louis gave the male a small pat on the back while he began walking forward, "No worries, ZiZi. I won't run away and leave the big bad Captain Styles angry that you let his precious prince escape."
Legitimately, this was the perfect way to get away and go home.
If he ripped off his bandana and made a scene by pinning Zayn as the bad guy who kidnapped him, he was sure that he'd gain support even if his clothes kind of signaled he wasn't who he really was.
But...
He knew it wouldn't right if he did it that way. He had gave Zayn his word... beside...
Zayn would die and Harry's reaction wouldn't exactly be the best thing ever. His worst case scenario could just see Harry slaughtering everyone specially his poor friend Ellie and eventually getting to him and it wouldn't be pretty at all. Especially when all Louis wanted to do was get the guy a gift so his soul could rest in peace.
He'd get another chance to get away, but this wasn't the way to do it because ultimately Zayn's blood would be on his hands and none of this was even Zayn's fault to begin with.
Louis stuttered," I won't leave."
"Which I love you for, babe." Zayn snickered, releasing Louis's hand his hands slipping into his pockets with a grin, "Now, what shall we get for the big bad Captain? I brought enough money for you to go as fancy and extravagant as you want, Your Highness."
As great as that was, Louis found his lips pursing in disapproval as he shook his head, "If I want this to have emotional meaning or whatever, the value won't lie in the amount it costs you know. But knowing my reaches are lengthened is nice too."
His eyes trailed around to the different stands to see if he could spot something worth checking out.
He didn't know much of Harry's tastes despite spending so much time around him...
"Looks like you're having an existential crisis, babe. What's wrong?" Zayn questioned in mild amusement as he glanced over in Louis's line of sight.
"I don't know what I should get him..." Louis truthfully admitted with a heavy sigh, "You're his best friend, aren't you? What should I get?" He turned to Zayn, who blinked his eyes before awkwardly shifting his eyes toward the ground.
"Wow. That is a good question."
"You should be ashamed of yourself because you don't know what your own best friend likes."
Zayn held his hands up in defense, "Hey! Don't pin the blame on me! In case you haven't noticed, Harry isn't exactly the most readable and open person in the world!"
"But that still isn't an excuse to not know what he likes. Just saying." Louis shrugged, earning a glare from Zayn, "Oh? So you must know everything about Ellie, then huh? Mr. Perfect Best Friend."
Narrowing his eyes, Louis folded his arms over his chest indignantly, "Enough to know what would be a suitable and meaningful gift for her! Geez, do you at least know about something Harry's wanted for a while but couldn't have?" he impatiently inquired.
The male groaned, "Yeah, but it's so obvious what it is, even you know by now."
"What are you talking about—"
Louis stopped speaking because it dawned on her exactly what Zayn meant. Zayn meant 'Louis'
He could feel his cheeks warming up and he knew he had to change the subject.
Huffing, he averted his face from the pirate's view, "I'm not whoring myself out."
"You don't have to." Zayn shrugged thoughtfully, "We both know he's had you physically already, don't even lie." He sent his a smirk before adding, "But he's never had your good graces. So maybe you can just show him your good side. I'm pretty sure he'd want that."

Louis who was getting used to the lack of respect from the boy just bit his bottom lip.
If even Zayn didn't know what he could get, he was pretty much in a tight spot.
Necklaces, jewels, and clothes would all be worthless to a pirate who practically had all of riches he needed on his ship.
God, shopping should not be this difficult for anyone.
*A/N It is. The Father's day present kills me every year.*
Suddenly, Louis found himself jumping a bit in surprise at the strange feeling of something crawling over his feet.