Is it True?

//Stampy's POV//
Knock, knock, knock.
I was making my way up to my bedroom when I heard those sounds. I froze. But I had to do this. I took a deep breath, and made my way downstairs. I counted the steps. 1...2...3...4...OUCH!
I winced as I stumbled and rolled down the stairs. Then I started to cry. I couldn't do this. I shook madly, like I would never stop. I opened my mouth to shriek, but instead...I threw up. "Stampy! Oh Stampy...c'mere, let's get you cleaned up," Sqaishey said, rushing to my side. Knock knock knock. "Hello?"
I choked at the sound of her voice. "Squid, get the door please. And remember our promise," Sqaishey reminded as she closed the bathroom door.
//Squid's POV//
I took a deep breath as I walked towards the door. I knew how horrible Netty had been, but...I needed to do this. I opened the door.
"Squid! Hello, hello," she smiled as she hugged me. I forced a smile. She still thought that none of us knew what she did to Stampy, and it was my intention to keep it that way.
"Hey Netty! It's been so long!" I replied, with fake happiness.
"It really has been...where's Stampy? I need to, um...TALK to him about something," she said, looking around with a new coldness in her eyes.
"He err...." I scrambled, searching for an excuse. "He's umm, upstairs with Sqaishey."
Netty looked at me in confusion. "Sqaishey?"
"Yeah, Sqaishey is Stamps' girlfriend...you didn't know?" I asked nervously.
Netty tapped her foot. "No, I didn't...looks like me and Stampy will have a few other things to talk about," she said, with a hint of anger in her voice. I began to panic. It couldn't happen, not this early on!
"Um, well, they're pretty close, so anything you want to say to Stampy, you'll have to say to Sqaishey, trust me," I rushed, determined to do all I could to stop Stampy from getting hurt.
"Really now Squid...so are Stampy and Sqaishey closer than you and Stampy? I never thought that would happen...giving up his best friend for a girl..." she faded off, looking at me.
"Stampy wouldn't replace me! It's different, you don't get it!" I suddenly cried.
"Hmmm....ok," Netty said, then walked on upstairs.
I began to shake with fury. Netty wasn't right. Stampy wouldn't replace me, ever! It was something I said so Stampy wouldn't be left alone with Netty.
But it did make sense...
Had Stampy replaced me with Sqaishey?