A Broken Promise

//Squid's POV//
I was an idiot. A complete and total IDIOT!! As soon as Amy ran out of the room I knew I had completely mucked up. What was I thinking? I hated myself for thinking that everything would be fine, that she'd say "I love you too," back, and...ugh!! What on earth was wrong with me?! I buried my face in one of Amy's pink pillows and sighed. I lay there for a while until I heard the door open.
"Squid?" a voice called out. It was Stampy. "Are you okay?"
I shook my head. I knew I was overreacting a bit, but I was really annoyed and upset, mainly with myself. "Let's go check on Amy," I heard Sqaishey say quietly. "She was in quite a state when I last saw her."
They walked out of the room. A few minutes after they'd left, I sat up. What could I do to help get my mind away from this? "Nothing," I muttered. Except for one thing. No just no I couldn't...could I? Slowly I got up and made my way to the bathroom. I opened up one of the drawers, and saw a small black bag in it. I carefully reached in and took out...my blades. I picked up one of them and held it above my wrist. "I'm sorry Stamps," I whispered, before bringing the blade down onto my arm and slashing.
//Sqaishey's POV//
We brought Amy in and laid her on the couch. She was sobbing hysterically, and I couldn't stop her.
"Amy, you need to calm down," I said gently. "I know it's hard, but I need you to." Slowly her sobs went to whimpering. "I...I just...don't know what to do," she stammered. I gave her a hug. We sat there in silence for a bit, then Stampy came in. He handed Amy a glass of water. "How are you-" he started, but was interrupted but a yell from upstairs. He immediately sprinted away, and I was left alone, with Amy trembling beside me.
"Sqaishey," she whispered, "Do you think Squid and I could be friends again?" she asked. I laughed. "Of course! It might be a bit awkward at first, but trust me, it will work out," I replied reassuringly. She smiled.
//Stampy's POV//
When I ran into the bathroom and saw blood on the floor, my heart stopped. Did Squid...cut?
"Squid!" I yelled, my voice coming out harsher than I was expecting. "Squid," I said again, with less force. "I'm not angry, just come out of the toilet."
Slowly the door creaked open. Squid stood there, pale and shaky. I reached out and hugged him. As I pulled away, I looked at his wrist. Luckily the cuts hadn't been deep, so they had already stopped bleeding. "Squiddy...why did you do this?" I sighed. "I'm sorry Stampy, I couldn't resist," he mumbled. I smiled at him. "Don't worry, I understand," I said. "But...try not to do it again." He nodded. I led him out of the bathroom, dreading what I was going to have to do next...