That Bit of Hope

Start writing your story

//Sqaishey's POV//

"Okay, Stampy. You're alright. Deep breaths." I spoke to him in a calm voice, all the while trying to hear what Netty and Squid were talking about. I caught a mention of my name...oh no, Stampy never told Netty that we were dating! I understood why, of course, and I guess in all the panic before she arrived he hadn't thought about it. I looked over to him and could immediately tell he was thinking the same thing."I'm – I'm so sorry, Sqaishey," he mumbled, crying. I nodded. "Don't worry, Stamps. It's okay."

He stood up suddenly, but he still looked terrified. "It's not okay Sqaishey!" he yelled. He was out of control. 

"She'll want to talk to me alone more than ever! She's probably asking Squid that right now!"

"Stampy, be quiet!" I whisper-screamed. He shut up instantly. 

"If we're quiet, we might be able to hear what they're saying," I explained. We both listened intently for a second, but couldn't hear anything. I motioned to Stampy to stay put, and I went outside the bathroom. 

"...looks like me and Stampy will have a few other things to talk about." I heard Netty's voice loud and clear. I could tell she was angry. 

"Um, well, they're pretty close, so anything you want to say to Stampy, you'll have to say to Sqaishey, trust me." I smiled slightly at Squid's cover-up, even though I could tell he was rushing his words. I was about to turn to go back to the bathroom when I heard Netty's response. 

"Really now Squid...so are Stampy and Sqaishey closer than you and Stampy? I never thought that would happen...giving up his best friend for a girl..." I almost gasped out loud. How could she? Mine and Squid's relationship with Stampy was different for each of us. It was romantic and platonic! Hell, I had always thought Stampy was closer with Squid than he was with me. She was lying. I know Squid would've wanted to say that she would have to talk to both him and Stampy together, but given the situation, it would've been to obvious. I prayed Squid wouldn't think that was true. I'd talk with him later. She really was a horrible lier. 

Not wanting to hear any more, I helped Stampy out of the bathroom and into our bedroom, where we could talk to Netty together. He was shaking, and looked worried enough as it was, so I didn't want to bring up Squid and Netty's feud. 

"What – what were they saying?" he asked me in a shaky voice. I sighed internally.

"Well, Netty was saying that you and her had a few things to talk about," I said, putting emphasis on the talk. He knew what I meant.

"But, Squid managed to cover up by saying that if he wanted to talk to you, he'd have to talk to me as well." I tiny bit of hope crossed Stampy's face.

"You won't leave me alone with her, will you? No matter –"

"Of course not Stamps!" I cried out, cutting him off. "I would never, in a million years." 

He smiled, but his face dropped when he heard footsteps walking towards the bedroom. 

"Ready?" I asked him. He took a deep breath, before nodding. "Ready."

We sat there, my arm around his shoulders, as the door creaked open. 

//AN//

Hi everyone! Sorry for not updating, I had a lot to do over the holidays. Thanks for 1.5k reads!

I mentioned in a previous chapter I'd written a Squampy fic (Squid x Stampy) in which they adopt a child. I thought I should mention that the story doesn't change POVs, and is entirely in the child's POV. Would you guys still like to see it?

I'm also writing another one, which is set in the actual Minecraft universe. It's about HitTheTarget and Herobrine taking over Minecraft. Would you also like to see that? Let me know!

 ~ magicanimal_books