4: Do you wanna go, ma'am? Do ya? Huh? HUH?!

Get Higher - Palaye Royale

I jolt awake almost as quickly as I pass out though, do to the pain I feel when I close my eyes. Hissing in pain, I touch the back of my head. Sticky liquid fills in the etches of my fingers' pads. Blood.
   I then realize Reminton is saying something. "--lright?" I let my eyes travel to his.
   "Huh?"
   "I asked if you were alright," he repeats worriedly, his eyes scanning me for serious injuries. My cheeks heat up. Then, I remember my sister.
   "Clara!" I shout, tending up while trying to scramble to the floor. He holds me above the ground.
"Stop! You could be hurt!" Remington seethes, but I ignore him.
"Clara! Clara! Where's my sister!" I ask him panicked.
Before he responds, I hear her small voice ring out, "Stevie!" As she runs towards me from her spot next to Sebastian and Stephanie Pearson, I sigh in relief, and sink to the ground. Remington let me go when I'd stopped struggling. My little mini me slams into my open arms, and I hold her to me, rocking us back and forth as she sobs. My shaking arms move from her head to her back, back to her head, trying to find any injuries. When I don't feel anything, I pull her away from me and check her with my eyes. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you feel anything wrong?" My voice is cracking as I ask her this. She shakes her head no while crying.
   "I managed to catch her. I saw her falling and she was going to go over the fence and onto the metal platform, so I ran to get her. When I saw your friends screaming and crying looking on the ground and this little angel doing the same, I knew something was wrong, and I went to get you," Remington says softly from his spot standing next to me. Suddenly his fingers touch the wound on my head, making me call out in pain, and he curses. This is when I realize we're inside a tour bus, not in the venue. Maybe I was out for longer than my original statement.
I slowly stand with my crying sister in my arms, avoiding eye contact. "T-thank you." I mentally scream at myself. Why are you turning into Freaky Stevie?!
   Freaky Stevie is what people used to call me, since my academic level was beyond what anyone here in Vegas had seen. I would stutter and talk quietly cause I was afraid of people being mean. It's been years since I've been that way though.  
    Remington is quiet for a few seconds, before starting to speak. "It's no trouble--" and with that, I sprint out of the bus, in search of my friends and siblings.
   I walk around for a little bit once I'm a safe distance away from all the busses and back into the venue, which is also around the time Clara calms down. "I saw that man hit you, Stevie," she whispers, her voice quivering while her fingers play with the hair at the nape of my neck. "And then you were gone. Where'd you go?" Her small voice breaks at the end, and it makes my heart throb. I hug her a little tighter, glad that the pressure in my head is starting to ease away. "I was fine, sweets, don't worry. It was you I was worried about." I feel her nod, and she pull away when she sees something. She points excitedly. "Over there! Auggie! Ali! Aunt Reina and Aunt Vienna!" She tries to wriggle free so she can run to them, so I quickly start to walk in her pointed direction.
  "Okay, okay, we're going! Sit still!" I laugh, the last of my worries pouring out of my fingertips and exhaled from my lips. We reach my friends, who're standing in the Meet and Greet line for Palaye looking worried. Alice is crying, and Auggie is hugging her. Why are they in line for a Meet and Greet when Clara and I could've been potentially kidnaped? I mean, not trying to sound self conceited, but I kind of would think that two missing people you're close to would take place of meeting a band. I set Clara down, who immediately wraps her arms around my leg, and pick both children up out of Reina's arms.
At first they scream bloody murder, and Reina spins around with looks that say she's ready to kill. It takes them all maybe 3.24 seconds to realize it's me before both Auggie and Alice are hugging me for dear life, pressing kisses into my face while Reina loses it.
"Do you wanna go, ma'am? Do ya? Huh? HUH?! Cause if you scare me like that EVER again, you will FIGHT ME!" She shouts, her eyes classing over. I laugh, making her anger worse, as well as her tears. Vienna immediately wraps her arms around Reina so the girl can't tackle me football style. You may think that I'm kidding, but I'm not. The girl's completely wacko. So I backtrack.
  "I'm really sorry, and I promise that I won't do that again. Why didn't you go with me when Palaye took me back?" I ask, the question that's been floating around my brain finally voiced. Rein and Vienna share a look.
"When we tried, the guard wouldn't let us pass, and the band couldn't get him to let us either, so they told us to wait at the meet and greet so they could tell us how you two were doing." I nod, still struggling to hold all three of my siblings without falling. Suddenly, Clara is lifted out of my arms. I start to panic, but calm when I see that it's just Remington Leith.
Wait.
WHAT?!
Didn't I ditch him?
  "You did, but you forgot that this is my band's meet and greet," he says with a smirk, right as Venna and Reina shout, "you did WHAT?!"
Oops?

 WHAT?!Didn't I ditch him?  "You did, but you forgot that this is my band's meet and greet," he says with a smirk, right as Venna and Reina shout, "you did WHAT?!"Oops?