8: Well What'd You Go and Do That For?

Where Is The Boom? - Palaye Royale
"Stevie! Look, Sea bass made us blueberry muffins!" Alice squeaks through a mouthful of her food, and I can't help but giggle at her. Sebastian smiles at her.
   "Yeah, I sure did sweets. Want some Stevie?" Sebastian offers me a plate, and I take it gratefully. Once Remington found me, I'd gone back to my room to change into the clothes I'd packed for after Warped yesterday. Now dressed in ripped up fishnets, black high tops, my leather shorts, and a cream colored crop top, I feel a bit better. My wild hair is fashioned into a knot, and I slip into one of the empty seats next to Clara. She smiles brightly at me as she sips her cranberry-orange juice mix, her plate already empty.
The chair next to me scrapes as it's pulled back, and Remington smiles softly at me while he places his plate down.

"Because ever since that night two years ago when I kissed your cheek, I've been waiting to do it again."
"What do you mean? You didn't even remember who I was," I argue, crossing my arms over my chest once the shock wears off. He smiles, and leans down to rest his forehead on mine.
"A face can be forgotten and a name we can easily forget, but the feeling you get around a certain person can always remain. And your eyes, Stevie? As soon as I glanced in them when I saw you in the crowd, a part of me just knew. Maybe that's why I dived into that crowd after you instead of getting security to do it. But I've kept the memory, even if I couldn't remember your face." With this, he kisses me sweetly, almost lovingly. But that can't be how it is, for I've only kissed him three times. But something tells me that this won't be a normal relationship anyways.

I blush as I recall yesterday. After the twenty four hour mark, I ended up falling asleep with my head in Remington's lap. He must have carried me to another spare room.
Soon everyone is in the room, and the breakfast is layed on the table so everyone can get more as they please. I notice Remington rubbing his neck while wincing. I frown.
Emerson reaches over and slaps the back of Remington's neck. "SH*T!" Rem howls, dropping his fork to cradle his neck. Now I'm worried. What the fluff happened?
"Why?" Remington asks his pirate brother, his tone deathly. Emerson snickers.
"Well it's your own fault for sleeping on the couch, so stop complaining."
I look at him incredulously. "You slept on the couch? Well what'd you go and do that for?" At my words, both Sebastian and Emerson burst into an untamable fit of laughter, crying from it. I furrow my brows while Remington shoots them dirty looks. "What'd I say?" He sighs.
"Darling, you were sleeping in my bed."

Oh.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Remington drops the three musketeers and I off at our house, my car being used my my two dork friends. The children immediately run into the house playing tag, their shrieks of laugher resonating through the crisp air. Silence lingers in between Rem and I, our thoughts being loud enough. Thinking over the last few hours has honestly driven me insane and I don't know what to do with myself. Remington taking my hand in his snaps me out of my thoughts, and I look at him. Smiling down at me, he leans in and kisses me slowly, and I kiss back. Butterfly wings scrape against the edges of my stomach and I can't help but acknowledge that I have feelings for this man.
    He slips something into my back pocket and walks backwards towards his car, his eyes as well as his smirk never looking away from me. I slide off his leather jacket unconsciously, handing it to him in my dazed state.
  Soon, his car is gone, and I'm walking into my house without really thinking. My fingers brush  my  now plump lips and I grin, pushing open my door, not noticing my keep in the driveway. I practically skip through the doorway, bumping the door shut with my hip as the sound of drums and an amp being switched on is vaguely heard. Squealing, I rush up the stairs and just a door past my room, pushing it opens to reveal my studio. Me, Reina, and Vienna  had put it together two years before I'd gone off to art school, putting up ugly purple panels to help sound proof the room as much as possible.
   The floors are barely recognizable but to the wires that cover it, as well as the room being pretty small. Multiple types of old amps we'd gotten for really cheap at pawn shops are stacked up on top of each other along the wall, a gap left for the small window. Different Basses and guitars are hung up erratically on the vacant walls, some nicer than others, as well as there being a variety of acoustic and electric. Vienna's shiny clear acrylic drum set is in the farthest corner, a much smaller red one in another. Multiple guitar stands are placed around the room, microphones in the mix as well. A slightly larger area is seen through the plastic window we'd had installed, which is where we record for fun.
   Currently, Vienna is sitting behind her drums, tuning them while Reina plucked a few strings on her bass in a few speeded  Scale warm ups. Squealing, I remember we'd talked about starting up an actual band on our way to warped yesterday, and we were finally gonna audition the guitarists today. Since they're wearing their headsets that are hooked up to their amps, they haven't noticed me, so when both of them look at each other and start to play the intro to my favorite song, I quickly hook up my own guitar, a Run Les Paul Classic T Surf Green Gibson, turning on my amp and pick the strings to ring out the melody. Usually I'm a rhythmic guitarist, but with being to only one who knows how to play guitar in our group at the moment, I have to deal with playing the uncomfortable part. Vienna and Reina's heads snap up in surprise, but grin, continuing to play the almost graceful song.
   With the quirk or my lips, I begin to sing the lyrics:
" Things are shaping up to be pretty odd.
Little deaths in musical beds.
So it seems I'm someone I've never met.
You will only hear these elegant crimes,
Fall on your ears from criminal dimes.
They spill un-found from a pretty mouth.

Everybody gets their and everybody gets their and everybody gets their way.
I never said I missed her when everybody kissed her,
Now I'm the only one to blame."

  I quickly pull on my headset, looking at me friends while grinning before breaking out into the chorus, Reina and Vienna taking the harmonies.

   "Things have changed for me, and that's okay
I feel the same, I'm on my way, and I say
Things have changed for me, and that's okay

I want to go where everyone goes,
I want to know what everyone knows
I want to go where everyone feels the same
I never said I'd leave the city,
I never said I'd leave this town.
A falling out we won't tiptoe about.
Everybody gets their and everybody gets their and everybody gets their way.
I never said I missed her when everybody kissed her,
Now I'm the only one to blame.

Things have changed for me, and that's okay.
I feel the same, I'm on my way, and I say.
Things have changed for me!"

   As we end the song, I turn to the doorway and gasp, seeing Remington standing there looking completely shocked, with my mom standing behind him, eyeing him up and down while biting her lip. Ew, what a cougar!
   I quickly pull my headset down to my neck. "R-Remington? What're you doing here?" I stutter raspily, my voice slightly tired. He clears his throat.
   "Your Mom let me in. Uh, you left your phone in my car," he says shyly, holding my phone out to me while scratching his head with his free hand. I check my back pocket, and sure enough, it's phoneless.
    I thank him and take my phone, and he clears his throat. "I didn't know you could sing."
Well crap.

Sorry the update's a little late! I've kind of had writer's block

Sorry the update's a little late! I've kind of had writer's block. Anyways, enjoy!