9: Y-You---H-He--H-How---What?

All My Friends - Palaye Royale
Without time to plan, I shove Remington inside the recording room and tell him to wait here, and I turn on the com so he'd stop complaining about being left out. Guitarists start to slowly pour into the room, each either holding a guitar or some money to rent one of ours.
    That Green Gentleman is the song they're auditioning with, hence why we practiced it. I explain to them that we're looking for a melodic guitarist, since I would be doing the rhythmic lines. I introduce every member of our band, Ciel de Juillet, which means 'Skies of July' in French. Once I'm finished, we have the first guitarist plug in. He's a tall boy with flaming ember hair, and eyes so green it's almost blinding. His name's Robyn, and he just turned 19. As we start the song, I immediately know that his style is more of a Black Veil Brides vibe. Once we finish the song, he silently packs his things back up, going over to an open chair to wait through the rest of the auditions.
The second person is a boy with a Mohawk, his attitude a bit too self-aggrandized for my liking. Though, I think my issue with him started as soon as he'd said he was twenty eight while he was eyeing my guitar. "Say, could I uh, rent that one girlie?" He'd asked, and I'd replied with a brisk no, so he grumbled about settling for my black ESP LTD ARROW-401 electric guitar. As we start the song, he goes full on metal, but he doesn't even hit the right notes, nor is he in time. His audition ends by the eighth bar.
The rest of the auditions go the same way, either a hit or miss, but when a shy looking girl rolls her own amp in, I know she knows for sure what she's doing. When a guitarist brings their own amps, you know they know their sound. She's got long straight halo blonde hair, her figure resting maybe an inch above mine. She has beautiful big doe brown eyes, and her rosy button nose has a silver stud peaking through her skin. She's dressed in dark blacks with charcoal-like grays, eyeliner smudged under her eyes. Though she's got the rocker look, Drea Darling still passes off as sweet and innocent.
   When we play the song, everything just clicks. It's hard to explain, but it's like every beat goes together, our guitar harmonies dancing with each other rather than clashing. It brought a smile to all of our faces, one that couldn't be erased even after we finished playing.
    I shake Drea's hand with a light smile, and she does the same. Stepping back, I announce, "thank you all for coming. If you don't here from us in two days, you're not the new guitarist. Thanks for coming by." Murmurs full the air and people slowly start to file out. Reina and Vienna text me:

R- what're u waiting for! Tell Drea and Robyn to stay!

V- yeah! I think so too

  I sigh, with that subtly snatching their wrists and asking them to stay behind. Once the room has cleared out, I ask them to sit with us.
   "So, we liked you both the best," I quoth, my best friends and band mates nodding in agreement. Robyn smiles widely while Drea squeals, biting her lip to tone it down a bit, but both high five each other hard.
    "The only thing would be that we're only looking for one melodic guitarist. But," I quickly add, their faces turning somewhat hopeful. "I don't like to play acoustic guitar that much, so if one of you were willing to do that, harmonies or duet parts, as well as the keyboard occasionally  which both of you said you could could play in your texts, I think both of you could be in."
Robyn and Drea look at one another, but their glance is interrupted by the chime of Robyn's phone. He smiles. "That won't be necessary. "
The three of us girls furrow our brows in confusion, and he shows us a text:

V- hey rob! It's Andrew, and on behalf of all the rest of Crown The Empire, welcome to the band!

Reina squeaks, Drea gasps, and Vienna lets out a string of cusses, all while slap my face on accident with both of my hands. I know Stevie, real smooth.
"What's happening?" We all jump at the voice, and we look around to find the source. And I hear knocking on the recording room glass. I groan. I forgot about Remington!
I motion for him to come out, and he moseys over to the couch I'm sitting on, sitting next to me but throwing his long legs over my lap. Tossing a withered look to him, I fill him in. "This lucky trucker is now the guitarist for Crown The Empire." Rem wolf whistles.
"Wow, congrats bro," he says with a smirk. Robyn half smiles in return.
"Well, I guess this means my sister here is your guitarist," Robyn brags, and Drea rolls her eyes with a smile and shoves him. My jaw drops.
"Y-you---"I point at Drea,"H-He--"I point at Robyn, "H-How---what?" I finally give up, and both guitarists laugh.
"Yeah, the dweeb is my brother," she sighs dramatically, and he shoves her back.
"Well, it's nice to have you in the band Drea Darling."

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

   I walk Remington past my mother swiftly, trying my very best to shield Remington's lengthy 6' " and over frame with my small 5'2" one from her shark eyes.
Once he's safely out the door, we both sigh in relief. "I don't want to sound rude, Stevie, but--"
"My mom's Mrs. Creepy McCreepers? Yeah, I'm aware," I laugh out, and he smiles softly at me.
"Stevie?"
"What's up, Remington?"
"I want you and your band to come with me tomorrow." I stay silent, not sure of what to answer with, but I decide to text them all to meet me back here tomorrow at--
"What time?" I ask Rem, and he smiles.
"7:00." My eyes nearly pop out of their sockets.
"In the morning?"