16: Happy New Years

My Youth Generation -Palaye Royale

We enter the party hand in hand, and my siblings hug me. But we don't bring up Eve: that's a conversation for later.
I apologize to everyone for the small inconvenience, but it's short seeing as though Reina walks outside with both Ash and Nick in tow. "Look who I found," she says cheerily, and they smile.
   "How's our newly signed band?" Ash asks, his hands in his suit pockets casually. They probably came from the office.
   "Oh, you guys are a band?" Andy Biersack asks, his wife Juliet tilting her head to the side slightly as a sign of interest. I blush.
   "Y-yeah, we got signed a few days ago." Remington smiles at this and shakes me happily with the arm around my shoulder, and my idols congratulate me.
   "If it's not too much trouble, do you think we could hear you guys?" Juliet asks, and I nod excitedly.
   As the girls and I rush up to get the room set, Remington leads everyone who wants to listen to the recording room, and Vienna brings up Crown the Empire, much to Drea's happiness. She hadn't seen her brother for a while.
   We decide to do the new song, the song I wrote after certain events, which we've practiced only a couple of times. I'd written all the instrument parts as well so all we had to do was practice it.
   Andy and Juliet decided to stay in the studio, both of them sitting in the small love-seat. I start to count off, and my guitar solo starts the minor key song, followed by the symbol part.
I close my eyes, letting the event flash through my mind, fear starting to take place. This actually happened. Oh god, it wasn't a nightmare.
By the time the base and actual drum parts come in, it's time for the hardest part for me to sing come:
It's like a heart breaking but without the boy
Crying without the broken toy
No golden romances
Just halfhearted dances
Living without the joys

I see Remington look sad from the corner of my eyes, and he must've moved to the doorway when I had my flashbacks.
   We continue to play the song, which is fairly short since we don't have a male singer to do the other verses, and when we finish, Juliet is clapping with joy on her face. Andy smiles as well, and says, "it was pretty short, but it was amazing."
"Well, we're looking for a male vocalist to help out with this song," Drea says as she tunes her guitar. Andy's eyes light up.
"Could I do it?" I nearly drop my guitar, and I open my mouth to reply when Vienna responds with, "OH HELL YES."

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

It's time to start the count down, so after we all eat, we hardback inside to the living room. After we rehearsed the song with Andy and taught him the missing verses, we decided to head back out back and eat.
   Now, Rem, Emerson, and Andy are helping me carry the five sleepy children inside, and I can't help but blush at the sight of Clara and Alice cuddling up to him in his arms while both are trying to rub the sleep out of their eyes. They're fighting it pretty hard and I find  that really friggin cool considering I can't fight my sleep for crap. If I'm sleepy I sleep, there's no trying. I know, my will power is nonexistent.
  We sit them in the couch, setting them on our laps as we turn on the countdown. Little Clara squeals when she sees Brendon Urie, who she's convinced is married to her. She even brags to Zeppelin about it, much to Zeppelin's disliking. It's not secret that he's practically in love with Clara, and has been for the passed year and a half.
    Remington, who is sitting on the chair next to my end of the couch, is staring st the two kids along with myself, taking in their cuteness. I remember being that age, having the childhood I could only work that they had. But they have a family that's much bigger than what I had, and they won't experience bullying since they have each other, as well as me.
   I snap back to reality when the countdown starts.
Ten.
  I smile and hug Clara, who takes a moment to grin back before continuing to talk to Zeppelin animatedly.
Nine.
  Auggie starts to run passed me, but I scoop him up as he squeals happily, and plant kisses all over his face while he giggles, and then set him down so he can play again.
Eight.
   Alice leaps onto my lap and buries her head in my neck, hugging me for dear life. I smile and hug her back, before she complains about cooties and wiggles away from me.
Seven.
   I smile at Vienna, who's across the room conversing with Robyn, who I think has a major crush on her. I wink, and she mouths for me to shut up.
Six.
Reina comes over and hugs me, and I hug her back, and she goes and interrupts Vienna's conversation to hug her, much to  Vienna's disapproval. I laugh.
Five.
   I wave at the Biersack family, who are seated on the couch next to me. Well, Andy and Juliet are sitting, their kids are bouncing about with my siblings.
Four.
   I look at Emerson, who tips his hat to me, making me laugh, in turn earning me a smirk before he looks after Vienna longingly. Wow, talk about rough.
Three.
   I turn and hug Sebastian and Stephanie, who're sitting next to me, and they hug me back, while Steph tells me she can't wait to see where our friendship goes in the new year.
Two.
   I finally face Remington, to see him doing the same thing I was, taking a moment to appreciate all of our friends and family. He turns his gaze to meet my own. His eyes flash to my lips, and my breath hitches, and I find myself leaning in closer along with Remington, our breaths mingling excitedly.
One.
   "Happy New Years," he whispers before our lips meet, and I can't think of a better way to start off the year.