Prologue

"No!" The pinkette's necklace falls out of her reach and out into the dangers of the night.

How did the klutzy girl manage to keep the necklace safe for 12 years? Well, no one really knows.

I have to get it.

After sneakily climbing down the stairs without catching her mother's attention, Sakura Haruno hurried out the front door and went on her wild search.

Meanwhile...

The clock struck midnight, as silence gripped the air. Stars were scattered into the night sky as people turned off their lights for a good night's sleep.

"Oi! It wouldn't kill you to help, would it?!" A loud voice shattered the silence.

"Hn,"

The raven-haired man and the blonde set out into the night holding their luggage, feeling a bit weary after their journey from Sunakagakure.

"Teme, why don't you try speaking more?" Naruto Uzumaki asked.

"And why would I do that?"

"You could make friends! Duh!"

"I don't need any," Sasuke Uchiha said. However, Naruto shook his head.

Ignoring his whisker-cheeked friend, Sasuke decided not to speak, for that is his answer to almost all situations.

After walking for almost 10 minutes in silence, Naruto spoke up.

"I think this is it!"

A large house stood in front of the two men. It was black with a lawn laid out in front of it.

"Let's go in," Sasuke finally said.

But before he could get in, something sparkled in the corner of his eye.

"Teme, you comin' or what?! Just look at this place! It's amazing!"

"I'll come in later, dobe,"

"Oi don't call me that!"

Ignoring his friend, he went after the silver and emerald spark.

What was that?

He found it in a bush that belonged to the neighboring house. A beautiful silver chained necklace with an emerald was hanging off laid in his hands.

This can't be..

He looked down to his own chain when all of a sudden, he heard a gasp.

Sasuke looked up to see a pink-haired girl probably his age. Her emerald eyes seemed brighter than the stars above them and her frail figure seemed frozen.

It's her...

Sasuke got up from the ground and headed toward the pinkette.

"Is this yours?" He asked.

The girl merely nodded as Sasuke stared into her eyes, hoping she would recognize him. He held out the necklace and dropped it into her hands.

Once the necklace was in the emerald-eyed girl's possession, she whispered thank you and ran off into her house.