Chapter 9

Sasuke's POV

"What are you talking about--Hey!" I was suddenly startled as Sakura let go of my shirt and dashed for the exit. She was gone.

I couldn't get the image of the pinkette's crying face out of my head.

What happened while I was gone?

Who's Sasori?

Not only that, but why does he affect her so much?

"Hey temè! Did you clean my room?" a loud voice suddenly interrupted my train of thoughts. I turned around to see Naruto bursting in the kitchen. He had company. Hinata.

"Check yourself." I rolled my eyes as I walked out of the kitchen. Naruto must've said something funny because I heard a soft giggle from the Hyūga as I grabbed my coat to head outside.

I walked past Sakura's house, I walked past the school, and I even walked past the Ichiraku Ramen stand. I stared up at the sky which was now sprinkled with bright stars. It made me think that maybe there is hope one day.

Maybe she will remember who I am. Soon enough I hope, tch.

I entered a large cemetery and looked around for a familiar grave. After looking around for 10 minutes, I finally found it. Uchiha Itachi.

Right beside it, lay my mother's grave as well around my father's. Uchiha Mikoto and Uchiha Fugaku.

I just wish these names had owners.

'But obviously not.' I thought as I lay down flowers I picked up on my here.

I want to cry but I have no tears. I want to fall down and forget everything but I can't. This is reality and reality is cruel. I got down on my two knees and stared downward at the grave that belongs to my older brother.

'Itachi-san. . . I found her.'

After staring at the three graves for about twenty minutes, I got up and took in a deep breath. 'I'm sorry I have to leave you again, Itachi-san'

I exited the graveyard that belonged to the dead and stared up at the dark, but comforting sky. I closed my eyes but all I saw was a certain Haruno's crying face.

12 years ago. . .

"B-b-bear!" The pinkette fell onto the ground crying as a red-headed girl with a teddy bear in her arms that didn't belong to her, laughed.

I crawled out of the sandpit and glared at Karin Uzumaki as she skipped in circles around her victim, still laughing. I stood in front of the pinkette protectively and folded my arms in front of my chest with an unhappy look on my face.

"Sasuke-kun~" Karin came to a sudden halt and awed at my appearance. "Look! I took her stupid teddy bear! She's such a baby for carrying this around all day--hey!" Karin immediately stopped talking as I yanked the teddy bear out of her hands.

"This doesn't belong to you." I glared. "Now go away to your fake friends before I tell the teacher on you." Karin was immediately impacted by my words and ran away.

I turned around and kneeled down to the sobbing pinkette. I held out her teddy bear as she quickly wiped away her tears.

"Arigato. . ." She quietly said.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked her. The pinkette looked up marveled as if no one ever asked her that question before.

"H-Haruno S-Sakura." Sakura sniffled. "What's y-your name?"

I thought about the question and smiled when I remembered the name Itachi-san calls me.

"Uchiha Sukè" I smiled brightly. "Call me Sukè."

Back to the Present

Ever since that day, I promised myself I would never make her cry like her bullies did. But here I am twelve years later, being the source of her sadness and tears.

I glanced up to see that I was walking right by the elementary school. I closed my eyes to remember all the memories I made here. Many of them included protecting Sakura. Pretty soon, she was able to protect herself and even decided to ignore the bakas.

But I was always there for her back then.

I was about the keep walking when I heard a familiar voice.

I squinted my eyes into the darkness to see the pinkette next to the monkey bars and. . . a red-headed male?

"S-Sasori-kun. . .?" Sakura whispered. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see you, Sakura-chan." Sasori said. I clenched my fists at these words.

"Are you really? Or are you after one of my friends again?" Sakura said with a shaky voice. Sasori's eyes widened at her words.

"Sakura-chan, why are you looking at me like--" Sasori quickly stopped talking as I put my arm around his neck and stared at him.

"What do you want from her?"

.
.
.
.

: )

Hi

Yeah I'm aware I took a 2 month break

🤗🤗🤗

But hey!

I'm gonna try my best to put up chapter 10 before February ends :' )

Anyway, the last scene. This is basically how it looked👇

I love this scene from EXO Next Door on such a level

-Tuki 🍓