HikaruxReader: Thought We Were Friends

Your POV

You walk down the halls of Ouran High School with your books clutched to your chest. You are attempting to avoid the people constantly tormenting you. Your (h/c) hair bounces as you glide towards your class.

"Oh look, it's the whore. Oh (y/n)!" Kinzy yells, her shrill voice hurting your ears. Your pace picks up, but her slimeball boyfriend grabs you. He yanks you back by your hair, and throws you on the ground. Your books and papers scatter, including your doodle book.

You look up, tears filling your eyes. Among Kinzy's gang of slimeball friends is the one person you wished was different than the others. But of course they are all the same. They all laughed at you. Even your childhood friend, Hikaru Hitachiin.

Kinzy bends down and picks up your doodle book. She flips through, and then a sadistic smirk flashes on her face. "Oh Hikaru!" she says, her eyes flashing with evil amusement. Hikaru looked over, his golden eyes filled with annoyance.

"What?" he growls. You pick yourself up and try to run, but a swift kick to the gut knocks you down. You whimper and clutch your stomach.

"Looks like you have a secret admirer," she says, practically dancing with glee.

"So, I don't care. It isn't the first time and it won't be the last." His voice is laced with boredom, but his eyes are filled with something else.

"Why do you do this to me?" Your quiet voice breaks out.

Kinzy giggles. "Because I can, commoner. It is your fault really, you make yourself a target by wearing those dreaded things instead of a uniform." The bell rings, and Kinzy sighs. "Next time." And with that, her and her possie swept away.

You scramble to get your things. You were going to walk home, seeing as there is no reason for you to stay. You stuff your books into your bags and hurriedly looked for your journal. Your eyes narrow as you realize who took it.

"Can this day get any worse?" you yell, your eyes water. Suddenly there was someone behind you.

"You dropped this." You turn to see Hikaru  holding your journal. You sigh.

"Thanks," You say, avoiding direct eye contact.

"Look, I'm sorry for what Kinzy said. She just-"

"You know I thought we were friends, but I guess I was wrong. I get it, you hate me. Just make my life easier and show it!"

Hikaru's POV

Her (e/c) orbs fill with tears. "(Y/n), I don't hate you!" But it is too late, she is already gone. "Shit!" I yell and hit a locker. I don't know what I am feeling. She is just another girl.

Kaoru walks up behind me. "Dude, you look lovesick. What happened?"

"Damn Kaoru, I screwed up," I say, scowling. 

"Oh, this wouldn't have something to do with (Y/N), would it?" I sigh.

Your POV

You hold your favorite pillow to your chest. You feel tears fall down your face. You grab your notebook and write how you feel. The words seem to poor out of you.

Why can't he see how you feel about him? You love him with all your heart.

There is a knock on the door.

"Come in." The door opens to reveal a ginger.

"Hey, (N/n) [nickname]." Hikaru. You wrap your arms tighter around your pillow.

"Hi," you whisper.

"Carmela let me in." Carmela was your aunt who lives with you. A/n Sorry if your name is Kinzy or Carmela.

"Oh," you say. You look away and you guys settle into an awkward silence. After about two minutes, he breaks it.

"(Y/n), I am sorry. I should have came to your aid, I just-"

"Just stop, Hikaru! I don't want your pity! Fake things don't make me happy!" You yell at him. He looks taken aback.

"I am not being fake!" He yells back even louder than you. "You are just clueless!" You shrink away from him. He makes his voice softer. "You don't realize my feelings."

"I'm not noticing your feelings? I constantly get bullied for no reason! And on top of it you are there and you don't do anything!" You release out all your stress. You don't realize your clutching his collar until you come face to face with his golden eyes. You fall limp against his chest.

"(Y/n) I'm sorry," he says and wraps his arms around you. You sob into his chest. He strokes your hair. "(Y/n)," Hikaru whispers. You look up at him. His soft lips land on yours. Your eyes widen and then close.

His tongue licks your bottom lip, asking for permission to enter. You gladly accept, opening your mouth wide. He explores your wet cavern, tasting every part. You pull apart, panting lightly.

"Give me a chance (Y/n)," he says, his eyes full of emotion.

"But we aren't even friends anymore." You look at the floor. His hand grips your chin and pulls your face up to his.

"No, we are so much more," he says and kisses you once more.