Tamaki x Rejected!Reader: I'll Pick Up The Pieces

Requested by @Fanfictionlover59 . I love you guys, I mean 2.7k views! You all are the best!

Your POV:

You fidget nervously. You hope he will show up. You had written the note to Kyoya in hopes that he would respond. He was always so kind, so you thought it might result in something more. You told him to meet you at the fountain.

In reality, you had always loved Tamaki, but you couldn't do anything about that because your step sister Acizna loved him and would beat you if you confessed. So you decided Kyoya was your best option. You liked Kyoya, but not like Tamaki.

You hear Kyoya walk up and turn to him. He smiles and shakes his head. "(Y/n), as beneficial as this relationship would be, I can't do that to you."

"But Kyoya, I am the one who wants you, I sent the note." I protest. Kyoya hugs me and whispers, "You and I both know who you love."

"You know I can't please Kyoya!" You yell beginning to tear up.

"I'm sorry," he says and walks away.

You fall to your knees and sob. You know it wasn't fair to ask of him, but God you wanted something. You are devastated.

The next day, you walk to school because your step sister is tired of riding to school  with you. You see a car pull up next to you and glance to the side. It is a slick black limo. The window  rolls down and you see Tamaki sitting there.

"Aren't you supposed to ride with Acinza?" he asks. You roll my eyes.

"She doesn't want to be seen with a loser like me." He cocks his head in confusion.

"What do you mean loser? You are really cool!" He protests, a slight blush dusting his face.

"Thanks, Senpai, but it isn't true. She is right, I mean, even my best friend rejected me!" You cover your mouth and let out a nervous giggle.

"You like Kyoya?" He looks a little dejected.

You shake your head rapidly. "No, but we would make a beneficial couple, and besides it isn't like I can be with you-" You gasp and look around. "Ummm...aaaaah-"

"Why don't I give you a ride to school, (Y/n)?" You hesitantly nod. He is going to laugh at you. You get into the limo and it begins to drive. You avoid eye contact and stare out the window until You feel his gentle, piano fingers under your chin, pulling it up to meet his gaze.

"You were rejected by Kyoya?" The question comes from his lips, which are turned up into a smile. You knew it. He is making fun of you. You feel tears fall from your eyes as you stare up at him. You nod and he pulls you into a tight hug.

"Don't worry, love," he says, his lips pressed against your head. You yelp in surprise and you hear him whisper, "I'll pick up the pieces."

"What?"

"(Y/N), I like you and I will fix your broken heart." You throw your arms around him and sob into his shoulder.

"I like you too Tamaki!" You cry. He plants a kiss on your lips and smiles.

"I'm glad, love."