KyoyaxReader: Drowning

I'm not dead, but I have been very stressed lately with school, work, and home life. I cannot catch a fucking break. A guy I used to know got arrested because he airdropped to the entire school that we should not come to school tomorrow and attached a picture of a gun, so I just want to relax and write fanfiction.

Your POV

Swimming. Your worst nightmare, Now, every kid has a fear of water at one point in their lives. Yours, however developed into a phobia. At the age of seven, your dad had ran into a gas station to get some drinks while you waited in the car. You were on a vacation in the mountains, and you and your dad had wanted to bring treats back to the hotel room. A guy fell asleep while driving his semi and rammed into the car, sending you flying over the cliff into the cold water below. You were trapped in the car, and you did not know how to swim. You were scared and alone and you just wanted your mommy and daddy. You passed out, and somehow managed to survive. You refuse to be near water until now.

You see, you had always had a crush on Kyoya, with his slim physique to his raven hair. So when he offered you to go with him for the Host Club's trip to the beach, you couldn't refuse. You would just have to stay away from water, right? Wrong. Here's how it happened:

You were really excited. Kyoya had finally taken an interest in your existence and decided you were fit for an invite. You pulled on your (f/c) sundress and grab your matching purse. You did not own a bathing suit, not since after the incident, so you headed out. You waited for the supposed transportation they were providing to stop by your house. A limo pulled up and  you stepped up to it. The door opens to reveal Kyoya in the seat next to the door. You felt your heart give an embarrassingly loud thump as you sat down next to him. The door is shut and the limo begins to move. I glance at him casually wearing trunks and a t-shirt, his notebook nowhere to be seen.

"Are there any other girls to pick up?" You ask tentatively, surely there were, the limo was empty.

"No," he says nonchalantly, "I do not enjoy their incessant chatter." Your face heats up at the thought of Kyoya picking you up exclusively.

The rest of the trip is spent by small talk, like classes and Host Club stories that make you laugh louder than you would have liked. You begin to feel anxiousness creep up on you when you see the waves of the see below as you cross a bridge. You must have changed drastically, because you felt a hand on yours. You look up to see Kyoya showing a sympathetic face.

"You don't have to go anywhere near the water, okay? I won't force you." He says earnestly. He knows; of course he knows.

I sigh. "I don't like pity."

"It isn't pity, its concern," he says, pulling your chin so you are making eye contact with him. "There are plenty of activities that don't require swimming." You smile half-hardheartedly and start to bounce your leg in nervousness.

When you and Kyoya exit the car, all eyes are on you. You wonder why until you remember the pressure on your hand. You go to move away, but his grip only strengthens as he pulls you towards the hosts. You are all introduced, then Tamaki announces it is "party time". Girls fling off their dresses and run into the water. You stand in the back with Kyoya by your side. The two of you end up sitting in lounge chairs on the beach, talking in hushed voices with hidden smiles. It felt like a date, but you didn't get your hopes up. Things were going great until...

"Hey Kyoya, your lady friend is completely dry." Suddenly, your chair is lifted and the twins are carrying you towards the ocean. It feels like you are suffocating as you near the water, and you cry out for help, only to be dumped in the water. The cold water shocks you before you begin to thrash and try and get away from the water. The twins are laughing, unaware of the damage they had caused. You run out of the water as fast as you can, tears mixing in with your sopping wet hair.

You reach a large build up of rocks where there are some girls at the top. You hear some guys start to cat call and harass them. You pull yourself up the rocks to see three intoxicated men hitting on the girls.

"Stop!" You yell, making the men turn to look at you. Two of them start laughing, and the last one stalks towards you.

"Or what?" he snarls. You attempt to back away when he grabs you by the arm and drags you toward the edge. You begin to whimper and try to fight him. It fails, because now you are on the edge of the rock, staring down into the water. You do the last thing you can think of.

"Kyoya!" You scream at the top of your lungs. Then, your plummeting into the watery grave.

........................................................

You woke up in a panic. You couldn't stop screaming, and you felt the tears cascade down your face. Breathe. You feel a hand on your shoulder, and another on your chin. You open your eyes, not realizing you had closed them. You see Kyoya staring down at you, his eyebrows scrunched in concern. You try to stop crying, stop panicking, stop being emotional, stop, stop, Stop, STop, STOp, STOP!!! You are screaming again, this time at yourself. He draws you forward gently, enclosing you in a hug and petting your hair, trying to calm you. Your breathing eventually slows, your eyes stop leaking, and your mind stops screaming.

"You are alright," he whispers compassionately. "I've got you, love."

I pull away slightly. "How did I get here?"

"I dove in after you. And don't worry, the culprits have been caught and apprehended." He tries to sound reassuring, but there is still a hint of caution in his tone.

"Thank you, Kyoya. I really needed this." He pulls you in for a small kiss. It is barely a whisper. Just a soft brush on your lips that left them tingling and the zoo in your stomach going crazy.

"No problem, love."