chapter 19

It's been exactly 5 days since Jeff and I got married. We couldn't be any happier. Today is both our last days at Springfield Senior High School. Yep, that's right. It's finally January 10th!!! The principal gave me my high school diploma this morning when me and Jeff arrived, which means that I really don't need to be here today, but since gng to all my classes is pointless today, the principal said I may stay with Jeff for the day. Jeff brought me back in to his freshman class yesterday. They adore me. I'll miss them, but life goes on. It's almost time for first period, which means I have to sit through the senior class with Nianca and the rest of her posse. Today was the day Bianca's suspension was officially over. The rest of the class came back 2 days ago and they've said nothing to me. Life has gotten better since that day they were suspended. Maybe they finally grew up.

The warning bell rang and student came pouring into the classroom. I was seated at Jeff's desk in his comfy office chair, while he was sitting next to me in one of those uncomfortable metal chairs. We had been looking at the floor plans of our new home and trying to decide which rooms would be what. Yep, we bought that house in Massachusetts. We went there over the weekend and fell in love with it. The location, the size, and the price were perfect. We had to stop our conversation when people came into the room though. Bianca was the last to come in and when she did, she just glared at me with a scowl. She took her seat. "What are you doing here?" she asked rather rudely.

"This is my last day here."

"Finally you're transferring to another school.". She replied with an evil grin.

"No. Actually I just graduated early. Got my diploma and everything about 20 minutes ago. Jeff was kind enough to let me hang out here for the day."

That shut her up.

The final bell rang and Jeff stood up in front of the class. "Ok class, settle down.". Everyone got quiet and listened. "I have something to tell all of you and not all of you are going to like it. During my time teachiing here, I've learned that all schools aren't the same. This school is a disgrace to the education system. Never have I seen so many students get suspended for something that could've been avoided. Ganging up on a single student is not ok under any circumstances. I am ashamed of you all.". He paused making sure everyone was listening, including Bianca. "Don't follow in someone's footsteps just because they're popular and confident. Be who you are and do what you think is right. With that said, I hope Im leaving you with some inspiration for the future. Now, today we aren't going to learn anything except for what I just explained. I think today we should relax and sit back."

Someone raised their hand. "yes, John?"

"Is there a reason we're doing nothing today? I mean, you usually have a fun activity planned."

"That's a good question, John. Why are we doing nothing today? We aren't. I'm actually going to tell you a story and you're going to listen. I thought that I'd tell you guys this story since, like Scar, today's my last day here."

The class erupted with whats whys and no! You can't go. Bianca stood up and faced the class, making them silence to hear what she had to say. "Whorelet probably got him fired too. I for one am glad she's leaving. Now she won't get anymore teachers fired.". The class cheered her on. Jeff dropped an extremely heavy book on the floor on purpose, making a loud thud, scaring everybody.

"Enough. Bianca, take your seat and just do me a favor and shut up." he told her harshly.

Bianca gasped. "You can't talk to a student like that, Jeff."

"It's Mr. King. That goes for everyone in this class as well. When I first started teaching I though we all could be friends, but I was wrong. And yes Bianca, I can talk to you like that. It's my last day, remember? Now sit down."