Chapter 24

"That was fun. We should see central park during the daytime too. It looks amazing at night. I bet it's even more amazing in the day.".

"its is.". Then Jeff kissed me. "But not nearly as amazing as you.". He said, making me smile. Then his phone rang. He tookmiphis phone put of his pocket and answered it.

"Hello?....Hi mom....yep shes having a great time...hold on. I'll put you on speaker.". He took the phone away form his ear and pressed the speaker button. "Alright."

"Hi Scarlette! How are you?" clarissa asked.

"I'm fine."

"That's wonderful. How do you like New York City?"

"It's amazing. I've never sen anything like it."

"I'm glad your having a good time. Is my son treating son treating you right?" she asked suspiciously.

I laughed. "Of course he is. He's a true gentleman."

"That's good. Jeff, make sure you stay that way.". She warned.

Jeff rolled his eyes. I playfully hit him. "Ow!" he whined.

"Your son just rolled his eyes at you!" I whined like a little girl.

"Did not!" he lied.

"That's enough you two." Clarissa scolded. "So what's been going on lately."

"Not much." Jeff answered. "Umm i saw Ciara again...she still in love with me. Oh and she was dating a guy that looked just like me only he had green eyes...not blue like mine. Scar this we could be related. Do you know any of our relatives who gave a son up for adoption?".

There was silence on the other end of the phone.

"Clarissa?" I asked, making sure she was still on the line.

"Uh yes. By any chance, was his man's name John?"

Me and Jeff glanced at eachother. "Yeah" we both answered.

"oh dear."

"What?". Me and Jeff asked in unison.

We heard clarissa sigh. "Jeff, sweety, is there any chance you and Scar could come back to California sometime? And maybe bring John. Ill pay for the plane tickets."

"So John is related to us?" Jeff asked.

"We'll talk bout this when you three get here. I'm booking the tickets for tomorrow morning. Ok? I've got to go. Bye darling!". And then the call ended.

"She's hiding something." i stated.

"Mhm" he agreed. "I'll call John and see if he can come."

He got up and dialed John's number. After a few seconds,.,"Hey John, it's Jeff...yeah...(he chuckled a little)...John listen, my mom says you could be related to me. She wants me and Scar to bring you to California to meet them...tomorrow morning...no, my mother is paying for the tickets. She already has the tickets booked...no, you're our guest. I won't let you pay your own way...really? That's great. So we'll meet you at the airport tomorrow morning.mill text you the time later. I have to find out the time from my mother. I'm sure she'll email all the information to me, which ill forward to you...wonderful...see you tomorrow...bye.". Then he hung up.

"So he's coming?" I asked like I didn't know....Jeff knows how much I hate hearing one sided comversations.

He laughed. "yes, he's coming." then his smartphone rang, indicating he had an email. He read it. "Our flight is at 7 M tomorrow morning. I'll forward this to John now."

"Buy why tomorrow? We haven't been in new York city that long."

"Scar, I promise, after we get back from California we'll come back to new York and finish our vacation."

"Fine."

"Good. Now start packing. We have to leave early tomorrow."