Chapter Six// Insane

A/N, I've been spelling, "Duvall" as "Duval" I'm preeee sure it's Duval, because that's what it says on Scream, but I swear they switch it up all the time.

+++

"I feel like it's happening again."

--Maggie Duval

+++

Nina was gone and I began to smear lipstick all over my face. I don't exactly know why... but it happened. I feel like it was real, like Nina was there--

"Arielle. Earth to Arielle!" Katherine waved her hand in my face. I looked over at my sister. She was driving me to school today. My mother took my car keys away. How nice of her.

I had woke up screaming. Again. But it didn't feel like a nightmare. It felt like I was being controlled, or something. I would never, in a million years, smear lipstick all over my face. That's just... insane. Both of my parents believe that I'm certifiable. I'm just waiting for them to drop the bomb about how they're placing me in a mental institution. I closed my dream journal, placing it in my backpack. "Mom thinks I'm insane, right?" I whispered to my sister. "No, she's just worried. You've been through so much and I think you're just stressed. Nobody thinks you're insane, Arielle. Tons of people.... you know, scream in their sleep." Katherine told me. "Yeah, most of those people are in asylums." I muttered.

Noah and Audrey sat on the front of her car, speaking heatedly. I decided that maybe I shouldn't get involved in all of this again. "Hey, Arielle!" I stared down at the ground, as I walked faster. "Arielle!" Noah called again. I wasn't mad at them, I wasn't mad at anyone but myself. Wasn't there some sort of therapy for these bad dreams? Like, honestly. I felt scared. I could've sworn Nina was there. I knew it was a dream, but the dream felt so real.

"Arielle, wait up!" Audrey and Noah were at my sides suddenly. "Oh, hey,guys." I smiled at them convincingly. "No... what's wrong?" Audrey asked. "Nothing, I'm good." I reassured them. "You're sure? You look... I don't know, scared?" Noah told me. "I'm perfectly fine, guys. I just need to be alone for some time, okay?" I snapped at my friends. "Oh..." Noah muttered. They stopped following me, and I rushed towards the school.

----

Once at my locker, I heard the whispers immediately. I thought people would get over it by now. But no, they were still talking about it.

"I think she's the one who got Riley killed." I heard a girl whisper. I turned my head just a little to see who it was. Of course... Alexis Hunner. For some reason, she had a huge issue with me. It probably started when I accidentally snubbed her idea in class last semester. Yeah... she took a real disliking to me after that. But all the rumors she started were just mean. "Seriously?" Haley Meyers snickered with Alexis. "Totally, I mean, they were alone at the station, Arielle could've stabbed herself and pretended like someone else did." OKAY, that couldn't be further from the truth. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. "And now she's with Noah... you know him and Riley dated, right?" Haley told Alexis. I grabbed my books slowly, listening to them talk more about me. "That's convenient." Alexis scoffed. "Right, I mean, I guess I get it. Did you hear that she and Nina were actually sisters? So, obviously she's a psychopath just like Nina." That's when I'd had enough. I let my books drop to the ground, and I slammed my locker closed, and I turned around and stomped towards Haley and Alexis. "What did you just say?" I used my arm to slam Alexis into her locker. "Get off of her, you psycho!" Haley shouted at me. "No, tell me what you just said!" I screamed at Alexis. Alexis didn't look frightened though. "I said... that you're probably just as much of a psycho bitch as Nina!" Alexis spat. That's when I lost it. I pulled away from Alexis and drew my right arm back, before releasing it at Alexis' face. Everyone, who had gathered to watch, gasped. I let my mouth form an "o". Did I just do that? Did I just punch someone in the face. Alexis held her eye with her hand. "Oh, my God!" Haley cried out, holding her friends shoulder. "You're insane!" I shook my head at Haley's words. "I am so sorry!" I tried, instantly feeling terrible. "What's going on here?!" Mr. Wellington, the Science teacher yelled from outside of the crowd. "Run." I heard from beside me. I looked and saw a boy with short, dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. "What?" I looked at him as if he were insane. "Feel like being suspended?" He asked quickly. He didn't give me time to answer. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me through the crowd of people, on my left, where Mr. Wellington wasn't. I didn't say a word as he guided me through the hallways. I'd never seen the kid before. He pulled me to the big staircase in the school foyer, pulling me down the stairs. "Hurry!" He said, with a smile clear on his face. Once we were down the stairs, we ran towards the doors of the school, and he pushed them open, pulling me out.

The kid made me run all the way around to the back of the school, where we saw some kids, who looked rebellious...

"Woah, woah, woah!" I yelled, releasing his hand. "W---who are you?!" I asked him, totally out of breath. "I'm the guy who just saved your ass, Arielle."

---

"So... you gonna give me anything? Like... why you know my name and I don't know yours?" The boy smiled at me and I raised an eyebrow. The weird, rebellious teens had left when the bell rang, but Creepy Guy and I had stayed.

"First of all... my name's Eli. Eli Hudson." Hudson, Hudson... I thought about the last name. Why did it sound so familiar? "Sheriff Hudson was my uncle." Eli told me, reading my face. "Oh..." I said. "I'm sorry."

"So, now that you know my name--wanna tell me what you were doing punching some girl in the face?" He asked. "Uhm... she said something about my family, and I lost my temper." I told him, leaning against the brick wall. "Fair enough, I guess." Eli shrugged. "So, you gonna go back in?" He asked me. "Uh... I don't think so." I chuckled. "Well, if you're not going to go back in, do you mind coming with me for a while?" He got closer to me. I felt uncomfortable in a way. "Yeah, I'll just drive off with a random stranger. That's not stupid." I laughed."I'm not a stranger, I'm just strange." He told me. I watched his blue eyes warily. "Come on, Arielle. Take a walk on the wild side." Eli whispered. A smile made it's way onto my lips. I'd really rather go with the hot, creepy guy than go back to class. I nodded slightly. "Okay." I agreed. My phone began to BING. Again and again. Eli grinned, but as he got closer to me, it faded. "One catch." He whispered. I waited for him to continue. "Phones off."

A/N I'M SORRY IT'S SHORT, I'M REALLY BUSY, BUT I'LL UPDATE QUICKLY, I PROMISE!