Chapter Thirty-Eight// Noah's Obsession

+++

"Why, Why, Why would you say that!?"

--Audrey Jensen

+++

Emma, Audrey, and I got to Noah's house quickly. His mom wasn't home, but the door was unlocked. Audrey made me go wash up in the bathroom. I really just wiped my cheek with a cloth, where he had cut me, and washed my hands, that had blood all over. That cut was definitely going to leave a scar. We rushed into Noah's room, and I ran to his murder board. A piece of printed off paper was there.

What's really behind Noah's obsession?

"Wait, what is Noah's obsession?" Emma asked. "I don't know! Murders? Brandon James? The Morgue? I don't know. Noah is an obsessive nerd by nature." Audrey said, beginning to looking into Noah's drawers. "Maybe it's this. Maybe it's on the murder board." I said. "We're supposed to find out where he went wrong." Audrey said. "How do we do that?! There's too much here! It's impossible!" Audrey threw the papers in her hand in the air. "Maybe his obsession blinded him to the truth and that is where he went wrong." Emma turned and told us. Audrey sat down at Noah's computer. "I am so sick of his cryptic clues. Maybe it's in his podcast?" Audrey began typing. I grabbed the paper from the board and turned it over.

Dear Piper,

My mouth dropped as I realized it was a letter to Piper. From Audrey. "Jesus."

"What is that?" Emma grabbed it from me, and began to read. I sucked in my teeth, as she did. That's gotta hurt. "Damn it! I'm not seeing anything!" Audrey slammed her fists down on the desk. Emma folded the paper quickly. "What'd you find?" Audrey asked Emma, seeing the paper. "Nothing." Emma lied, tucking it into her jean pocket. "What's behind Noah's obsession...?" Audrey spoke. "I don't know! Insomnia and too much caffeine?" Audrey yelled. "Are we really gonna find Noah this way? I mean, we are clearly missing something. I looked down at the nightstand in front of the board, as something had caught my eye. A picture. It was of Noah and I. I remembered that day. Audrey took that picture. It was two months into me and Noah dating, and we were talking about riddles. I had told him that I had the best, but he argued that he did. I didn't remember Audrey taking the picture though. She was taking pictures a lot that day. For the yearbook, or whatever. I smiled at the framed picture. He left it out. I touched Noah's board, and closed my eyes, thinking about it.

 "Maybe it's a riddle

"Maybe it's a riddle." I said, opening my eyes. "What's the obsession! Exactly, Arielle! The board! The murder board!" Emma pointed at me, like I had done something right. "Yes, Emma. The board. That is why we are here." I nodded at her. "Oh, my God! It's literal! What is behind the board?" Emma stomped towards the board and took a peak behind it. She pulled out a baggie. I frowned at it. It had a yellow flower in it. "Wow. This really is about us." Audrey whispered. "What do you mean? It's a daffodil." Emma scoffed. "Yeah. Don't you remember? I think I know where to go." Audrey rushed out of the room, Emma following her. "Arielle, come on!"