Chapter 15

Sun was hidden so it wouldn’t sting and burn some skin. The breeze was cool, not too warm yet not too cold, the sand was clean—untouched by human, whilst the water was calm; a host welcoming the guest. The beach was overall deserted and served full privacy in serenity, with the occasional shrieks from the seagulls.

It would’ve been a perfect short escape, if only the communication signals were also unreachable. Therefore the young CEO; Kim Taeyeon, wouldn’t be busy with her Mac and smartphones, checking and controlling the situation at work every now and then. 

Her body might be giving break to the blazers, shirts, and ties, changing into a pair of baby blue bikini, whilst laying on the lounge chair under the hesitant sun beside her lover. However her mind, soul, ears, eyes, and mouth were all still left at work.

“Taeyeon,” Tiffany called as she nudged the blonde girl’s arm. “Kim Taeyeonnn.”

“Hmm,” Taeyeon hummed lazily, eyes fixated on the screen.

Okay, working Taeyeon is hot, but ignoring me is not. Damn it!

“Don’t you want to swim?”

“Later, perhaps.”

“Oh, come on.” Tiffany sat up, frowning at her indifferent, workaholic partner. “It’s going dark soon, baby.”

“Great. Then I’m gonna skinny-dip.”

“What? No, you can catch a cold, Tae.”

“You’re right.” Taeyeon closed her Mac and Tiffany’s subsconsious was about to dance merrily when the latter abruptly stood up. “I’m just gonna work inside the villa—my battery’s running low.” She gathered her gadgets before planting a quick kiss on Tiffany’s forehead.

Taeyeon headed back to the villa, which was only some steps away from the beach, leaving Tiffany with her disbelief looks.

“Who’s that cold woman I’m in love with..?” Tiffany groaned to herself as she threw her towel away, storming to the water with all her might before screaming in frustration.

She swam and swam, enjoying the lukewarm wave washed her body, as she tried finding a tactic to keep Taeyeon away from her work. It was supposed to be a short break for the enterpreneur—no work, just relax and rest.

Then an idea popped in Tiffany’s mind. She smirked.

If this isn’t going to work, I don’t know what is.

***

“Taeyeon baby,” Tiffany cooed in the villa, all prepared with her plans. She frowned when the latter didn’t respond. Heading to the terrace, turned out Taeyeon was on the phone, negotiating—or as she seemed to be.

Taeyeon noticed her presence and held a finger up, signalling her to either wait or quiet down. The younger girl was getting more and more annoyed within every minute passing. She crossed her arms, tapping her toe impatiently as she watched the older girl finally wrapped her call.

Taeyeon stepped inside the bedroom, her face was mixed between exhaustment, worry, and excitement.

“What’s up, babe?” she asked smilingly as she pulled Tiffany closer by waist. Little did she know, by doing that affectionate gesture, she still had, and would always have the effect on Tiffany—making her breath hitch for a second.

“Umm, so—“ Tiffany was about to hug Taeyeon by neck when suddenly the older girl released herself as a smartphone rang.

“Wait a minute,” Taeyeon excused herself, however Tiffany didn’t let her go and snatched the phone instead.