Chapter 14: Siblings

There was a high tension throughout the base. Ethan and Jen exchanged few words, only when needed and when they did, it was as if Jen was hanging by a thin line. He was weary of what he said around others, and so was Jen. The halls were mostly empty and it created an overall sadness by just marching down them.

There was a fear also. A question that was asked many times, 'When will they attack again?' They had only been lucky enough to find out that Atlas has declared war, if they had not, then surely none of them would be here.

"Now that all this mess is over, what about the girl?" Elrick muttered from the couch against Ethan''s office wall. He slouched against it, an unamused frown, boredness written across his face as he said so. Ethan turned around in his chair, his pen clicking in his mouth.

"Who said it was over?" Ethan responded cooly. Elrick rolled his eyes at his attitude.

"I didn't."

"I was just asking about the girl, Eliouse? She's still out there right? I think our next priority is getting her back. Were at a disadvantage as it is." Eliouse has slipped Ethan's mind over the last few months. How scared was she? Alone, out there, wherever she may be. He turned away.

"I think we should still focus on Atlas for the moment being. We can worry about her later."

Elrick shifted at Ethan's statement and sat up, clapping his hands together. "The only way we can win against Atlas is through that girl." Elrick said through gritted teeth. Ethan hated the thought of using Eliouse to win over Atlas but Elrick did have a point. She was their only hope, with her power they could even up with Dorian and take back what was once theirs.

Only few knew about her power; Jen, Elrick and himself.

"I know, but right now, we have to worry about them attacking us again. As much as I wanted her back, we can't just yet. We have to wait, wait for a plan." Ethan slowly muttered, elrick barely hearing him.

"A plan? What kind of plan? Like waiting for the lion to release it's claws on it's prey? and when do they ever do that?" Elric asked one after another, causing annoyance and frustration in Ethan for he could not answer them.

"I don't know!" He raised his voice., "I don't fucking know! Okay? I'm just as clueless as you are. I'm just as scared as everyone else is." Elrick went silent.

"this is unbelievable! If you don't think of something soon, then I will!" Elrick yelled shooting up off the couch, glaring at ethan.
"I gave you the job for it, so you do it, if not, I will fucking find her and then I'll explain to her how you didn't give two shits about her." He threatened. Ethan sat silent, only shaken slightly by Elrick's rant. He slowed down his breathing before turning around and storming out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elbert was a pale white, all his blood had been drained down his face and his blue, cold eyes stared right back at Dorian who was hovering over the body.

His grey, ruffled hair sat swept over his wrinkly face. Dorian swallowed. No one was in the room with him, however he knew he shouldn't cry. Infact, he believed he didn't deserve too. He treated his father like rubbish, throwing him around like ragdoll, where did he ever deserve to cry for the dead?