Davesprite: Angels

[whispers]
here comes the drop kick

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Silence.

That was all you could hear, for as long as you remember.

You could see all the beautiful colours of flowers and the faces of the people who you walked past down the street,

but you never heard the birds that sat outside your window when you were younger. You never heard your mother tell you that she loved you when her arms were too weak to sign it. You never heard the roar of the cars as you waited for your bus. People would say hello to you and think you were ignoring them, when in truth

You were born without ever hearing a single thing.

One day at school, you had met a troll boy who also knew sign language. He was a mute and his girlfriend was half deaf. They took you into their group and you met so many wonderful people. A surprising amount of them had learnt how to talk without their voices, and it made you happy. So incredibly happy.

It was like flowers bloomed inside your heart, inviting silent music to your lungs and smiles to your lips. It was great!

It seemed like the amount of friends the mute skeleton boy and the half deaf cat had was infinite, you just kept meeting more and more people!

There was a wealthy group of two families, Peixies and the Amporas, who lived by the beach.

There was the family of the mute boy, the Makaras.

Zahhak, Serket, Pyrope, Maryam, Leijon, Vantas, Captor, Nitram, Medigo, Harley, English, Crocker, Egbert, Lalonde, some of them alien some of them not.

But one particular family stuck out to you, seeing as it was drastically larger than the rest, the Striders.

There was Dave, an apple juice obsessed webcomic maker with a phobia of puppets

Dirk, an anime weeb with hair that defies gravity and shades that could cut diamond

Lil Hal, Brobot, Squarewave, Sawtooth, robots made by Dirk who lived in their apartment

And finally Davesprite, or as you called him, your Angel.

Davesprite and you almost instantly got along, quickly becoming best friends.

He told you his secrets, problems and thoughts, and you told him yours.

Sometimes you'd have sleep overs and hang out on the roof of their building looking at the stars, drawing new and strange constellations. Davesprite made a lot of dicks out of the stars and it made you laugh, though it was a sound you weren't able to hear.

He heard it, though.

He heard all the small noises you made.

Even if it was the tiniest little hum or a gentle scoff of delight,

He heard it all.

He was in love with everything about you and that is why he heard the things others could not.

He loved the way you would struggle to sign from silently giggling at his ridiculous jokes, the way you stroked his wings when you lay next to him on the roof, the way your fingers would intertwine with his while you walked, the way your smile made him feel warm inside and the way your eyes sparkled brighter than every star in the sky that you would point out to him.

There was no part he did not love about you, even the things that you thought ill of yourself.

Before he had become friends with you he hated the way he was, not wanting to be the 'other Dave' that he was stuck as or the disappointment that he knew he was.

You never refered to him as Dave, or thought any thing bad about him - apart from his habit of not seeing the good in himself.

He claimed he did not know what you called him meant but the both of you knew that was a lie.

He was your angel, and you were his.
Even if the two of you never directly told each other.