Prologue

Conor's POV

Pain shot through his head as he collapsed to the ground, clutching his head. He could feel the tiny parasite moving towards his forehead.

"Conor, no!" He could hear Meilin scream.

He knew what was happening to him. He knew that the time has come for him to turn.

"Do it," Conor managed to say, "Do it now."

Briggan whined while Meilin and Takoda exchanged a fearful gaze, unsure what to do. Then Meilin shakily took Takoda's sword and looked at Conor with a guilty look.

She hesitated then spoke, "No. Just run Conor. Run away. I'm not going to kill you because we will save you once we defeat the Wyrm."

Conor looked at her, some sort of fog covering his gaze.

"We'll see each other again," Meilin said, giving Takoda back his sword, "And we will defeat the Wyrm."

Conor tried to say something but he couldn't. More fog began to cover his vision and the sounds all around him blurred. He heard a wolf whine and soon he felt fur on his hand.

"Quick, we need to go," someone said, he couldn't recognize who.

He heard footsteps fading as the rest of his vision covered with fog until it went dark. Then his mind seemed to have shut down.

Yep we're back starting with Conor losing to the Wyrm. Please vote and leave a comment on what you guys think. Stay tuned for the first chapter!