Chapter Seven - Aspenosa City

Rollan's POV

As Gerald began telling a story, he heard something coming from somewhere in the house. He looked around and saw that no one had noticed. They were all too focused on Gerald. Rollan quietly slipped away and started walking through a hallway. The tinkling sound grew louder as he went through a doorway. Right in the middle of the room was a table and a circular object in the middle.

What's this? Rollan wondered, walking closer.

He hesitated then picked it up and examined it. His eyes widened in realization that it was a compass. Another compass.

"Looks like you have found your own compass," he spun around and saw Gerald leaning on the doorway with a warm smile.

"My own compass?" Rollan echoed, confused.

Gerald only smiled in return.

Eilene's POV

"I had been sent a dream," Haley was saying, "From a Dream Bringer. I had the same dream as you guys and the Dream Bringer told me to guide you guys to the other compasses. But I still have no idea what to do. You guys coming here explained everything."

Haley had been explaining to them while they were walking towards the city.

"The Dream Bringers guide me in a dream to find this compass," Haley went on, "I just don't know all the answers yet. I know just as much as you know."

"That's okay," George reassured her making her smile, "Just tell us next time."

They kept on walking until Meilin, who was leading the way stopped abruptly. Eilene saw that right below them was a huge city. She was quite surprised that they haven't encountered any of the Many yet.

"Okay guys," Eilene said, "Let's find this talisman."

Conor's POV

All he could see if a fog, all he could hear is a blur. He couldn't even control his own body. It's as if his mind had completely shut down. He felt himself walking, moving but he didn't know why. Just then, he felt something. Something that made him recoil. A part of his brain told him to run but another part told him to take it.

He could see it now, something shining, as if some of the fog left him. Using all his strength, he pushed forward towards the object, reaching his hand forward. He felt the fog returning but he kept pushing and fighting, struggling to stay in control until he felt the object. It was circular with two flat surfaces. Before he could examine any further, the fog started to return.

Clutching it tightly, he wore it around his neck and felt some of he fog leave his vision once more. Something was keeping it at bay but he didn't have full control of his body.

Then he heard a voice, "Power. Great Beasts gives you power. Great power. Control over Erdas. Control over everyone!"

A part of him, the Conor that was still there tried to shake it off but it stayed there, growing much louder. He tried to fight it but the last of his strength left and fog covered his vision once more.

Eilene's POV

They were slowly making their way down the city, passing small mushroom buildings. Below was already the Sulfur Sea.

"This city is huge," Meilin commented, "And if it's a huge city, then that means there were many people."

"That's why it spread quickly," Haley nodded, "There were lots of people. They didn't have time to be warned."

Eilene didn't say anything as she kept on walking. She looked around the mushroom buildings, watching our for any signs of danger or anything that looked like a compass.

"Wait," Haley said, her voice tight with fear, "We need to get out of here."

That's when Eilene heard it. The all too familiar scuttling sounds of someone rapidly approaching. She knew it all too well.

"Quick, we need to run," Haley exclaimed.

"But what about the talisman?" Zoron argued.

"Then we need to move quickly," Eilene decided grimly.

The others exchanged reluctant glances but before anyone could speak, the ground began to shake. Eilene looked up and saw the roots trembled.

"No, no, no-" Hope's voice cut off as she screamed in pain.

Eilene felt the searing pain. It was much more painful and she let out a scream. She could barely hear anyone, even see anyone as the pain kept on tearing at her. She mever imagined that this pain ever existed and she felt as if she were too weak to survive this.

The ground kept on trembling beneath her and before she knew it, the ground gave way and she was sliding down. She landed on a rocky surface with a thump and she stayed there. The pain had stopped but her whole body was aching everywhere. She glamced around and saw Meilin moan in pain nearby. She had fallen with her.

"Are you guys okay?" She looked up and saw that the others were safe, looking down at them worriedly.

"Only just," Meilin winced.

The scuttling sounds were growing louder and she could already see the guant figures making their way towards them.

"Quick, find the compass," Eilene yelled at them, "We'll meet you at the Evertree."

"We can't just leave you," Hope protested.

"We'll find a way out of here," Eilene reassured them, "Just go and find the compass."

They hesitated then Zoron led the way as the rest followed after them in search for the compass.

"Great," Meilin muttered, "Now how do we get out of here."

"There's gotta be a way up," Eilene replied, looking up for something they could use to climb on.

When she glanced at Meilin, her gaze was fixed on something behind her, "I found our way out but the problem is how."

Eilene looked at her confused but when she turned around, her heart skipped a beat. There was a way out all right but it was blocked between two of the Many. One had blonde hair, holding an axe high up, some sort of necklace strapped around his neck. The other was all too familiar that she almost forgot to breath.

John.

And they meet again! Dun dun dun! Please vote and leave a comment on what you guys think. Stay tuned for the next chapter!