Chapter 12

Jessica's pov-

I slipped out of the fort, trying not to wake Joker. I never get alone time without being kidnapped, but maybe this one night I won't be kidnapped. I tip toed to my room and put on a nice dark outfit. Of course, it was sided with guns and a WildCard because of my history of being kidnapped. I really wanna go back down the water to see the calming moon light reflecting vibrantly against the mellow water. I zipped up my leather boots and left the warehouse, making sure to tell a goon where I was going. I walked until I reached a familiar road and turned left. This is the direction that the beach was in so I was gonna follow it until I reached the road. The only sounds I can hear are the sound of my boots hitting the floor as I walk and the distant sound of cars. Every once in a while, maybe a bullet shot. But that obviously is normal for me.
The streets were vacant so I felt safe. But then again, I never feel completely safe anymore. I don't even feel safe from myself if I'm being really honest. If I'm such a danger like they say, how have I not hurt myself yet? Oh yeah that's right, I already have got what i deserved. Everyone has to pay for what they did to me. And no I will not feel sorry, because it's not like the world is sorry for making me this way. Everyone blames me but maybe they should blame themselves. I sighed out loud, shoving my hands into my pockets and watching my feet as I walked. My attention was yanked as I heard footsteps from the street across from me. I looked over and saw the face I never wanted to see. I thought he was dead!
I immediately walked across the street, not looking before I crossed and grabbed the man by his collar. He looked at me with fright before smiling. "Jessica!" He exclaimed happily. "Shut the fuck up." I ordered in a honestly scary voice. "Jessica I thoug-" I punched him in the face before he got to finish. "What the fuck?!" He shouted angrily. "You deserve that you fucking asshole. I'm just going easy on you right now." I spoke, my words sounding very harsh. "What did I ever do to you?" He asked. He knows exactly what he did. "Do you not remember?!" I shouted. He shook his head slowly. "So you are telling me that you don't remember back when our parents would abuse and rape me and you would lock the door for them so they could without me escaping? Tell me that you don't remember that. Cause I know you sure as hell do." I felt tears gathering in my eyes after mentioning what my own brother would do. "Jessica..I'm sorry." He had an apologetic look on his face, but I don't give a damn. He has to pay. "Save it. If you ever had one last thing to say, ever, what would you say?" I asked. He pondered for a moment. "I'm sorry." I pulled my gun out and pressed it to his temple. "Well you'll be singing it now." I loaded the gun as he screamed and tried to get away, and then slowly pulled the trigger. All the memories of locked doors is enough to set me over the edge. I watched the blood pour out of him as his eyes went blank and his body hung by my hand. I dropped him and took my WildCard, signing my name with his deep red blood. I dropped the card on him and sighed softly. I felt tears welling up in my eyes as I stared at him. He knew exactly what he was locking the door for. He knew exactly what went on behind them. He chose to lock them, and I chose to kill him.
I heard a gasp behind me and I turned quickly to see an elderly woman standing about thirty feet behind me with a phone in her hand. As I locked eyes with her, she began turning on her phone. Not today bitch. I shot her and immediately began to run away. Only about half a mile to the water, so I should be fine.
-time skip-
I layed against the rock and let the mist of the water hit my face. I was right, the water was calming and so was the reflection of the moon. This may just be one of my new happy places. I closed my eyes and listened closely to the waves as they crashed against the shore. But then I heard something that I never heard while relaxing here. Tires screeching against the pavement on the road about half a mile behind me, which was basically the first street you see coming off the beach.
I spun my head around to see Jokers purple lamborghini twirling down the road violently. My jaw dropped and I jumped off the rock, not pulling my eyes away from the sight. The Car crashed into a tree and everything was silent. I screamed and ran as fast as i could to the car. I looked into the car through the wind shield and saw that Joker had blood rushing from his head. I busted the windshield and reached my hand in for a phone so I could call the doctor from the warehouse. I dialed the number as a goon answered. "Get the doctor here, NOW!" I screamed into the phone and immediately hung up. I climbed into the busted up car through the windshield and held onto him. His heartbeat was very slow, and his breathing wasn't too good either. I kissed him on his forehead and wept softly. "Please don't go..I need you...you are the only person who has meant anything to me all of my life..I love you and I can't lose you. Please..." I sobbed. I could feel his blood dripping onto me but I didn't give one care. This was all my fault. All I had to do was stay there with him and he would be okay right now. I fuck up everything, don't I?
"What's going on?" The doctor said as he appeared. "I was on the rocks and I heard squealing and I looked up to see the car twirling and then he crashed and I just..I need you to help him." I rambled. He nodded and removed Joker from the car and layed him on a gurney. He took the gurney into his vehicle and closed the doors. He took out wipes and cleaned his forehead to the best of his ability and began to do stitches. Soon his head had stopped bleeding but he was still unconscious. "His heartbeat is slow, and he isn't breathing right. What are you gonna do?" I asked. He looked down and spoke. "I can't do anything about it now. He is in a coma and he will need time to wake. It's best to get him home and let him rest." I nodded at his words and looked around at the car he drove here in. It looked like an ambulance, but it was green and purple. He got into the front and began the drive home.
I really just want him to be okay.

------------------------------------------
A/N
Hey, sorry for the wait. It was my first week of school and it was very stressful so I didn't have enough time to write. School is fun and all but UGH. anyways, I love you all. Byeeeeeee! NOOT NOOT