Cheer Up (Ch. 24)

You only apologize

to the ones that deserve it.

~

 It was 6:00 PM when work ended. Maya drove to Kendal's house. Maya got out of the car and Kendal did, too. They drove separate cars, but Kendal stayed the rest of the day as the girls worked.

Kendal got out the house keys and opened the door. They walked in, and into the kitchen.

"You hungry? Thirsty?" Kendal asked, opening the fridge as Maya took a seat on the bar.

"Thirsty. I'll just have water." Maya said.

Kendal gave her a glass of water. "Colton is probably upstairs in his bed watching Doctor Who on Netflix."

Maya nodded and thanked her. She walked upstairs and put her hand on Colton's door knob. She opened it.

Colton was laying in bed. His white acoustic was on his stomach as he was doing melodic intervals slowly with his eyes closed. His TV was paused from him watching Grown Ups. He sighed loudly and started strumming the intervals. Maya slowly walked over and sat on the side of the bed. He opened his eyes, and stared at her as if he saw someone get shot in front of him.

He put the guitar aside and sat up. "I-" he began. He stuttered, then sighed again. He ran his hands through his hair and shook his head. "I'm really sorry. I was a jerk, you were right, I was acting-"

"I'm the one who should be sorry." Maya corrected.

He gave her a look as if she said something he couldn't understand. "Maya, it's not your fault. I got you in that behavior-"

"It was my fault that I was acting like a bitch." Maya said. Colton smirked sadly at that. "I was just mad... I have a very short temper, and I freak out at times."

"I think we should both be sorry." Colton said.

"Both? No, it's just me.."

"We both did something wrong. It's never just one person. It's usually both of them. So i'm sorry." Colton apologized.

Maya sighed and nodded. "I'm sorry."

Colton smiled a little, and sat up. He stood up on his bed and put his guitar back on the wall. He plopped back down and pulled a pillow up next to him. He patted it and Maya sat next to him.

"You smell like... Lady products." Colton said.

"I just got back from work. They told us we had to wear their products in order to make a good impression to the customers." Maya said, sounding annoyed.

"I'm not complaining." Colton said, and patted his bare stomach. He wasn't wearing a shirt because he was in bed all day pigging out. Maya's mom wouldn't let her do that unless she was dealing with a recent breakup. Since their parents were out of town, they could do whatever they wanted as long as the house was cleaned.

"What's new?"

"My mom and I have been spending more time together. And it kinda taught me something." Maya said.

"Which is?"

"People are... How do I explain it? They have choices in life, where they choose to go, or what they choose to do," Maya said, "Daniel could be with another girl right now. He never gave a damn about me."

"Daniel?"

"My ex." Maya said.

Colton nodded. "The asshole."

"He taught me that I should move on, because he's probably banging someone at this second," Maya continued, "and I should move on, too. Just in a more pleasant way."

"A-a relationship?" Colton stuttered.

"I guess." Maya shrugged her shoulders.

Colton looked at his TV, then back at her. "So... You're officially moving on?"

"Officially." Maya clarified.

Colton cleared his throat and ran his hand through his hair. He looked at her and said, "I want to go on a date with you."

Maya bit her lip. She nodded.

"Where and when?" she asked.

"I don't know, you're the girl. You choose." Colton said.

Maya sighed and lay back, her head on the pillow. "Something simple," she started, "maybe in the park. Picnic, looking at the clouds."

Colton nodded. "I have an idea."

The next day, Maya woke up and got ready for her date with Colton. She wore a white summer dress with her white converse. She had the sides of her hair pulled back with a white bow. She put on her usual makeup and heard the doorbell ring. She grabbed her phone and ran downstairs.

She opened the door. Colton stood there with his hands behind his back. He was wearing black skinny jeans with a red and white flannel with a white shirt underneath. His hair was naturally messy.

"You look beautiful." he said.

Maya smiled and opened her mouth to say something, but her mom ran over with a camera. "Let me take a picture of you two!"

"Mom, no!" Maya whined.

"Come on, Maya. It's for memories!" her mom begged.

"Mom, i'm serious. No pictures." Maya groaned.

"You're mom is cute, lemon. I think we should take the picture." Colton said.

Maya gave him an 'are you serious?' look. He smirked at her and her mom pushed her toward Colton. He put his arm around Maya, which gave her the shivers and butterflies.

"Smile!" her mom squealed.

Colton grinned wide, and Maya frowned. She forced a grin, and her mom snapped the picture.

"That is just adorable! This is so going on the wall." her mom yelled as she walked to the living room.

"We should go before she does something else embarrassing." Maya said, and dragged him to his truck.

***

A/N: They finally go on a date! Woot woot! :D But it doesn't mean they're boyfriend and girlfriend. c;

Sorry this chapter is short!

Hope you all liked this chapter. Share, vote, and especially comment! I would like more comments since we got freaking 6.5 reads! Wow!