17-My Heart Wants To Come Home

Beside You by 5 Seconds of Summer

//Rosie//

It's now the end of November.  About 3 months. Tyler found out about Mason through paparazzi pictures. He asked about it to confirm. I had to lie and tell him it was real. We've barely spoken since and I doubt he's been worrying about me as much as I've been worrying about him.

Mason had become abusive and threatened me when I said I would tell anybody. I never did. Brendon and Sarah hung around my house a lot more to make sure everything was fine. I stayed with Josh a lot so I wasn't so homesick. They could all tell I was hurting but never pushed it more than needed.

I spent a lot of time just staring at my wall of pictures. Specifically one of me and Tyler. It was a candid that Mark took of us when we just graduated. We were sitting on the swings at our favourite childhood park. I had my eyes closed and was laughing hard. Tyler was looking at me and smiling.

Oh what I would do to see that same smile again.

I found out that I wouldn't get to come home for Thanksgiving so Sarah and Brendon graciously invited me over. What would I do without them. Mason, thankfully, went home and is staying until mid January.

Josh and I are leaving to go home for the holidays on night of the 1st. Tyler's birthday. Tomorrow.

I sit in my room looking at the small, half full suitcase on the floor in front of me. I had a couple unwrapped christmas presents and a few clothes packed messily into it. I still have stuff at home so I pack lightly.

I sigh and get up and go to my bathroom. I noticed it's getting late so I brush my teeth and change into pajamas. I shut off the lights and snuggle into bed.

I don't sleep. I just think. Think about home. Think about Tyler. Think about Josh. Think about Mason. Think about Brendon. Think about Sarah. About my family. About my career. About my life. My future. My past. Present. I think about my dad and my brother who're rotting in a coffin. My mom who probably still sort of dislikes me.

I sit there for probably hours until I mindlessly fall asleep.

:.:.:::.:.:.:

When I wake up, I remember that it's Tyler's birthday. I know he doesn't really want to talk to me so I don't directly say anything to him. I decide that a few tweets could maybe grab his attention. I just need him to know that I still care for him.

@Missrocarter: remember me saying I'd never purposefully break my heart?

11:26am

@missrocarter: I've got a necklace. You've probably seen me wear it. got it for my birthday. It's my favorite thing to wear. Never leaves my neck.

1:13pm

@missrocarter: I'm coming home tonight! Columbus get your bodies ready.

3:47pm

@missrocarter: I'm sorry if I've been overtweeting today. It's just there's a REALLY important anniversary today.

4:26pm

@missrocarter: probably the MOST important. To me at least.

4:29pm

@sweetbabyjeebus: @missrocarter Tyler's birthday?

4:35pm

@missrocarter: @sweetbabyjeebus obviously

4:36pm

@missrocarter: I love youuuuuuuuuu

5:54pm

@missrocarter: And the happiest of birthdays to the best to me. I'll see you soon. Love you loads.

[photo that Mark took of Ty and Rosie mentioned earlier]

6:20pm

@tylerrjoseph: even when I doubt you, I'm no good without you.

6:25pm

Seeing Tyler tweet the lyrics he wrote for me lets me know that he is acknowledging me. But also the fact that he chose that line worries me. He never does anything without purpose so I know he chose that for a reason. I decide to suck it up and call him before I see him face to face.

"Rosie?" his voice comes through the speaker. He's clearly surprised by my call. I sit on the sofa and take a deep breath.

"Hey Tyler. Happy birthday." I mumble he laughs dryly.

"Thanks. So you're coming home today?" he tries.

"Yeah. That's actually pretty much why I called." no it isn't.

"Do you think you can pick me up from the airport? Josh's family is taking a trip to Cleveland with him as soon as they get him so I can't ask him and well, you know how my mom and I are." okay well I suppose I did kinda call for that.

"Of course. When do you land?" tHIS KID IS TOO GOOD TO ME WHAT THE HELL HE PROBABLY DOESN'T WANT TO SEE ME BUT HE'S STILL PICKING ME UP UGH I'M A LUCKY CHICA.

"About 8 tonight."

"Okay. I'll see you then."

"Thank you so much. See you later. I love you."

"Yea." he murmurs and drops the call.

And that, is how I know I fucked up. Fucked up real bad. Shouldn't have obliged to Cassie.

(:#*#_(,

A/n

I'm sorry guys I'm gonna take a week or 2 off of posting so I can catch up on some writing and focus on a couple other things a little better. I'm sorry for low key leaving you on a cliffhanger too!

~Dodger