23

"I'll see you later. I'll be either here or at your parents'" I hug Tyler and kiss him on the cheek before heading into my mother's house.

I unlock the door and close it behind me carefully. The house looks completely lifeless but I know she's here somewhere.

"Mom? Are you up?" I take off my jacket and walk around the house looking for her.

"Rosie? I'm in here honey. I'm so glad you're here. I really need to tell you how sorry I am. I wasn't thinking. I was being selfish. I'm sorry. Please forgive me?" my mother runs to me getting teary eyed.

"Of course I forgive you. But what are we going to do. We both know that you don't take care of yourself enough to stay alive with a dying immune system." I pinch the bridge of my nose not wanting to think of the outcome.

"I'll try. I'll try my hardest. For you. For your father. And for Parker. I promise."

I hug her.

She wouldn't have brought my dad or my brother into this if she wasn't serious about it but she mentioned both of them.

"Okay. But I'm going to try to stay out here longer to make sure you're okay before I head back to L.A."

"Thank you, sweetie. I love you so much please remember that."

"Love you too mom. But I have to get going. I'll probably be back around later but then I'm leaving for a date with Tyler!" I cheer excitedly.

"AHA! I always knew 2 were bound to be together! But also could you just do me one favor? As usual I accidentally baked too many cookies. Mind giving these to the Joseph's for me?" she hands me a tray of beautifully decorated christmas cookies wrapped in plastic wrap. 

"Of course. Love you mom. See you later." I put my jacket on and head out of the door.

I cut through the yard and knock on the door of the Josephs while admiring their Christmas lights that were so neatly spread around.

Tyler ended up opening the door.

"Hello my dear! Come in?" he opens the door wider.

"Oh no I'm just here to drop of cookies. From my mother." I hand him the tray.

"Alright then. See you later?" he smiles.

"Of course. Bye now."

"Bye. Love ya." he blows a kiss.

"Love you too."

Clearly the date has him giddy. I start walking down the street. To be honest, I didn't actually have anything to do before the date. I just really crave to be out.

I pull out my phone and call one of my old friends.

"Hey Rosie! What's got you calling?" she answers happily.

"Ms. Jenna Black! My dear! I'm in town. Josh is busy and I'm seeing Tyler tonight. Also I really miss you. Ya free for a couple hours?" I hope.

"When have I ever been one to be busy?" she laughs.

We make plans to meet at Starbucks and I start walking the distance.

AN

Hah okay super short chapter. Sorry. Next one will have Jenna in it tho and we all love her. And if you're a Jenna hater you can leave.

~new year dodger