Resemblance between the Father & the Daughter

Sayyida Fatima (Radi Allahu anha) took after her father Nabi (Salla Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wa Sallam) from head to toe. She resembled her father in looks, manners, gait, articulation and character. In other words, she was a living picture of her father, Huzoor (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wa Sallam).

Hadrat Aisha (Radi Allahu anha) says: "I did not see any one resembling the Blessed Prophet (Sallall Allahu Ta'ala Alaihi wasallam), regarding all manners, more perfectly than Fatima, the daughter of the Messenger Of Allah."

On another occasion Hadrat Aisha (Radi Allahu Anha) narrates: "Then came Fatima whose gait resembles that of the Beloved Messenger (Sallall Allahu Ta'ala Wasallam)." (MUSLIM)

The Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi wa Sallam) loved Hadrat Fatima (Radi Allahu anha) very much. It was the routine of the Beloved Prophet (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wa sallam) that whenever he returned from a journey: after offering prayer in the Masjid, he went straight to Hadrat Fatima (Radi Allahu anha) house. In short, the love of the Beloved Prophet (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wa Sallam) for his cherished daughter was really enviable.

Hadrat Sayyida Aisha (Radi Allahu anha) reports:

“Whenever she visited the Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wa Sallam), he stood up for her, kissed her and seated her on his place.” (Tirmidhi)

The following event also throws light on the extreme love of the Beloved Prophet (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wa sallam) for his most favourite daughter Hadrat Fatima (Radi Allahu anha).

Once, Hadrat Ali (Radi Allahu anho) recieved a proposal to marry the daughter of Abu Jahl. When Hadrat Fatima (Radi Allahu anha) became aware of this fact, she went straight to the Beloved Prophet (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wasallam) and apprised him of the current circumstances.

The Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wa sallam) mounted his pulpit and delivered the following sermon whose each and every word bears witness that the Messenger of Allah (Subhanah Wa Ta’ala) loved his daughter to the core of his heart:

“Banu Hashim have sought my consent to marry their daughter to Ali bin Talib. I do not give the consent; I do not give the consent. I do not give the consent. Yes, if Ali wishes, he should first give divorce to my daughter and then marry their daughter. Because my daughter is a part of my body. The thing which disturbs her disturbs me and the thing which distresses her, distresses me.” (Muslim)

Hadrat Fatima (Radi Allahu anha) love for the Beloved Prophet (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wasallam)