My dear Islamic Sisters and brothers!....

....... You can simply perceive the intensity of love of Hadrat Fatima (Radi Allahu anha) for the Beloved Prophet (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wasallam) that she did not smile after the death of her August Father till she breathed her last breath. (Usdul Ghaba, V: 5, P: 634)

It is also reported By Sayyida Aisha (Radi Allahu anha) that while the Blessed Prophet (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wasallam) was on his deathbed, he whispered to Hadrat Fatima two times. The first time she wept and the second time she smiled. On inquiry she replied:

“He (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wasallam) informed me that he was leaving this world due to this disease. So, I began to weep, then he informed me that I would be the first in his family to meet him, at this I gave a smile.” (Tirmidhi)

.......... Firstly, this Hadith, without any exaggeration, testifies to this belief that the Blessed Prophet (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wasallam) not only knows His own, but even the time of the departure of his Family and followers from this world as well.

Secondly, the Blessed Prophet (Sallall Allahu Ta’ala Alaihi Wa sallam) made Hadrat Fatima (radi Allahu anha) cognizant of her immediate death, but instead of being worried and tense she started smiling because this was only her death, which would reunite a kind Father and cherished daughter. Hence, she preferred pangs and agonies of death to the luxuries and cosiness of life just to enjoy the tender feelings of paternal affection in the Garden of Eden.