Like It Is

-Evie POV-

For once in a really long while, I didn't wake up with a hangover.

It feels great to wake up nice and refreshed. I'm actually early for school.

For once.

Today is Monday, which means I meet with my counselor for our weekly counseling session.

Mrs. Park is the true MVP.

She's like the big sister I never had, but yet wished for.

She's literally helped me and guided me with my struggles in the past.

I plan to tell her about the anonymous notes I've been receiving.

Perhaps she can give me some tips or advice on how to handle this situation.

I got to my locker and opened it up.

A note fell out.

"Wow. What a surprise." I said in a sarcastic tone and picked it up.

'You're beautiful. Remember that always <3'

That's so sweet.

I observed my surroundings, hoping to spot anyone suspicious but no luck.

So much for that.

I scoffed and shut my locker then headed straight to the counselor's office.

Where's my drink? Ah. Here it is.

I took out my bottle which containted liquor and took a sip.

Ahh~

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of alcohol in the morning. Just saying.

When I arrived at the counseling office, I went straight to Mrs. Park's cubicle.

I knocked on her door and peeped my head inside with a big grin.

Mrs. Park was on the phone taking care of business, but gestured me to take a seat.

I happily did so as I stole some candy from her candy jar.

My eyes wandered around the room, I come here every week so nothing looks different.

Although I hate these plain white walls, they look so dull and ugly. I feel like I'm in prison.

"Ok Mr. Choi, I'll get that file running. Good day, bye." Mrs. Park said and hung up.

I smiled, "Good morning, Jenny~"

She scowled at me, "Evie, we're in school, you promised to refer to me as Mrs. Park."

I giggled, "Sorry, I just couldn't help myself."

Mrs. Park smiled warmly, "How have you been?" She asked.

"Well." I began and took a deep breath, "Not so great."

She pouted, "And why's that?"

"My parents grounded me because Mr. Kim called my house and stated that I might get held back a year. I mean, it isn't my fault I don't understand anything he's teaching me. I try very hard to get the curriculum, but the harder I try, the worse it gets." I ranted.

"Shoot. He's giving you a hard time again? I thought we settled on that." She said.

"Yeah but I guess since he doesn't want to give me a chance, he's setting me up for failure." I told her.

"Now don't assume, Evie." She advised, "He probably wants to actually see you try on your own."

"I am trying on my own!" I argued.