Wake Up Call

It's now December.

I've worked my butt off and remarkably got A LOT done before the big break.

The year is finally coming to an end and a new year will be here soon.

I can't wait for the new year, I'm ready to leave a lot of bad memories, bad habits, bad experiences, and bad people behind.

Plus, who doesn't look forward to the holidays?

I've got something special planned for my boyfriend and I.

"Well, Evie." Mrs. Park began, "You've grown into a new and improved person within these last few months. I must say I'm impressed."

"Thank you, Mrs. Park, I feel very good about myself." I said.

As soon as I said that, something went wrong suddenly, my stomach did not feel right.

Neither did my body, I felt odd.

"You got into a good college, your grades are phenomenal, your teachers are inspired, you DID what everyone else thought WAS the impossible!" My counselor cheered.

I feel sick.

Again.

"Heh. I sure... did." I managed to say.

Mrs. Park smiled, "I'm so proud of you, for once things are going just right for you."

"S-Something isn't right M-Mrs. P-Park..." I stammered.

She chuckled, "Aw. You're overwhelmed. I understand, that's ok."

"No... you don't understand--"

"Of course I do. I wonder what Hoseok will think when he hears the good news. Do you guys have plans for the break?" She asked.

"Where's your bathroom? I think I'm about to throw up." I said and got up.

"What? Are you ok?"

The vomit was coming up my throat, I covered my mouth and ran to the small bathroom in her office.

As soon as I barged in I puked my guts out into the toilet.

I felt disgusted.

"Evie are you all right?" Mrs. Park asked with concern.

I coughed and gagged.

"You look awful." She said.

"You think?" I snapped and flushed the toilet.

"Here."

Mrs. Park handed me some paper towels, I took a few minutes to wash up then join her in the office again.

My counselor was sitting at her desk with her hands folded.

I sighed and sat across from her, "Sorry about that, I guess I'm coming down with something."

"You guess?" She retaliated, "You mean... this has happened before?"

"Mhm. I think it's these cookies I started eating, maybe I should stop." I said.

"About how many times has this happened?" She asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"I'm just curious about something." She assured.

Ok?

"Well it's been a few weeks this has been going on, I was sick before but perhaps my body is trying to get the virus completely out of my system."

Suddenly I felt the sickness again.

"Evie--"

"Hold that thought!" I said and ran to the small bathroom again.