Part 35

I felt the kick drum pulsate through me as my body moved to the music. My fingers slid over the strings as I felt another rush of excitement wash over me. I looked up at the crowd and watched as they followed Gerard's lead and screamed out the lyrics he sang. The grin on my face never left as I looked to my right to see Frank looking back at me, a huge smile on his face as well. The music slowed as the song ended and Gerard took his place center stage.

"So as you all can tell we have a little change in our group tonight," He looked back at me and winked. "I'm sad to say that Mikey has gotten sick and wont be able to play at all tonight, so instead we give you our beautiful and talented friend, Miss Lennox Reed!!!"

Everyone screamed and cheered as all the guys in the band stared at me with grins plastered on their face. I felt my inside turn over form all the attention, but I still couldn't tell if I like the feeling or not.

Gerard walked toward me. "She's a little shy as you can probably tell, but maybe if we can hear all you people singing this next song she'll lighten up."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the front of the stage, my eyes growing wider with every inch I went. Adrenaline rushed through my body as Bob's drums kicked in and my favorite song began to play with my help.

"This next one is Skylines and Turnstiles!"

I kept to the place where Gerard had put me for part of the song and then moved around the stage like the rest of the guys did, finally feeling myself relax into the rhythm. From across the way I watched as Frank poured his heart out into the music with every strum of his guitar he took. His eyes closed, sweat dripping from his hair and a small smile on his lips; just the sight of him had me falling all over again. I shook my head to rid my mind of the thought as I walked back toward the drum set and stood to the right of it.

I watched as Frank walked back toward me, knee sliding the last few feet to land right in front of me. He stared up at me as we all played the ending chords to the song. I couldn't take my eyes off him, as he stood and moved toward me and placed his forehead against mine.

"You're so amazing," His breath was heavily and his eyes bright and wild as he stared straight into my eyes.

Gerard yelling into the microphone caused me to pull away from Frank, the blush on my cheeks only making me sweat more and the butterflies in my stomach made the adrenaline pumping through my vain move faster. Again I shook off the feeling as Frank walked away from me and Ray started us into the final song of the night.