Chapter 2

My book got over 100 votes in the past two weeks. That creature I threw in really nailed it! Because of the nice comments and so much support, I was able to stay motivated.

Jakayla messaged me. She wrote me a paragraph about where she gets her inspiration from. She also gave me a few tips about writing and how to make my book more 'attractive.' I thanked her for the advice and eventually told her about how her creature in her story was a really terrifying.

"Thanks, I kind of guessed that when I read your chapter with the four-eyed Rake," Jakayla replied. By Rake, she was talking about the creature I named in my story.

My heart started pounding. I don't know why. I started feeling guilty. I did not think she'd read my book. "Are you mad?" I asked. It was the only thing that came to mind.

"No!" Jakayla replied. "Not at all."

"I can delete it," I said.

"Hey, it's okay. You described your character way different than mine. That's okay. I mean, if you had used my entire idea and plot then I would've been like...eh lol."

I felt better now. Jakayla was right. I didn't use her idea or 100% her character. I totally changed everything about it, making it nothing like hers except for the eyes, but even that was different. I was glad Jakayla understood. It made me like her even more.

***

I  looked at my alarm clock. 2:24 AM. I let out a sigh of relief. The dream I had was terrible. I had a dream Jakayla was standing in my room, her back facing me. She was whispering fast as she read a book in her hand. When she faced me her eyes were nothing but 2 holes behind a white mask. She smiled at me, then winked. 

I rubbed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. I reached for my phone and started scrolling through Wattpad. Nice comments, most about when I'll update again. Truth is, I didn't know when I'd update again. I didn't worry about it. I decided to check out Jakayla's page to see if she updated anything. 

She updated five new short stories in the past four days. The first one I read was called Helen. It was about a girl who was killed by her own mother. She had the chance to walk into the light, but she decided to stay on Earth. Helen was angry and upset her best friend, her own mother shot her. And for what? To make her husband suffer over a divorce. Helen believed no one was good, so whoever entered the house, would be killed in the house. Even the father.

That chapter was breathtaking. It was amazing. It gave me another idea. What if the mother in my book killed her son just to punish the sister for leaving the house. Or even better. What if the father killed the sister because the wife cheated or something.  I like that idea. However, if Jakayla read it would she know where I got my idea from? Eh, who cares. Everyone writes stuff like this right?