Chapter 3

I've been having bad dreams for the past nine days. Most of them were either about my stories or Jakayla's stories. Maybe I should stop reading and writing scary stuff? This has never happened to me in the past. Only until I started using Wattpad. Was this like some curse? I smiled and rolled my eyes. I'm silly.

I decided to take a walk through town. Nothing usually happens in this town. Trust me, I know. I was born here in South Carolina and have never seen anything special. Anyways, while I was walking I decided to pass through Family Dollar and see if anything was on sale. While I was in the store, I started smelling the scented candles when all of a sudden I dropped one. The glass smashed onto the floor. One of the employees heard it and asked if I was alright. She stared at me as if she was concerned more about me. If I was her, I'd just tell the person to move and I would start sweeping.

"I'm so sorry," I said to her. 

"No biggie. It's the finger nail polish that gets me," She shook her head at the floor. "Cause then you have to scrub it off then risk being cut."

"Ouch," I said.

"Yup. You need help with anything?" She asked.

"No ,thank you," II apologized once more before she left to get a broom.

***

Once again I couldn't sleep, so guess what I decided to do. Good guess. Wattpad. Jakayla uploaded another short story in Frostbite. I was addicted to her stories. I didn't want to read because I wanted sleep...but I read anyways. I also finished her book, Hide and Seek.

After reading, I worked on my story. My mind was fresh and full of ideas. I came to a point in my book where I wanted to end it. I had an idea to end my book with an evil game, just like from Jakayla's story Hide and seek. Instead of Hide and Seek I'll use the 'tag you're it' game.

I really have to stop doing this. I know I'm not committing a plagiarism crime, but at the same time, I'm not exactly using my own ideas. Or am I? Nope. I decided not to do it.

Jakayla posted something on her page that caught my attention.

"Cut myself cleaning up glass again. Maybe that's a sign I should leave Family Dollar. Well, least it wasn't the nail polish lol."

Where did she live? I checked her bio again. Sure enough, she mentioned where she was from. South Carolina. But was it actually her I saw today? I messaged Jakayla.

"Hey, I saw your post. Um...was it a candle they broke." I asked.

Took a few hours for her to answer but she did. "YES, she typed. "Good guess."

"Oh my God, the girl that broke it was short, brown haired, and wearing a Halsey shirt?"

"That was you? OMG was that really YOU?" She replied back quickly.

"It can't be. That's like...impossible xD," I typed.

"I rarely ever meet my fans as much as I'd like to. I've met only 2," she said. "Well, hey I'll catch you later. I'm beat. Goodnight!"

I was hoping she'd ask to hang out or meet again or something. But nope. "Okay, talk to you later," I replied.

Later, I laid in bed thinking about how I just met my favorite author on Wattpad. It still didn't process in my mind, it was a bit ironic we lived this close to each other. 

***

3:47am 

I woke up from another bad dream where Jakayla was in my room again. She was holding a book in her hand and she kept saying, "Catch you later."

The next day, I did something I would always regret.