Chapter 8

Scared. I was completely scared. Being in the dark is one thing, but imagine being in the dark with sick twisted characters off of a horror book. You can't imagine that. No one could. I had to experience this.

My hands reached out ahead of me as I made my way through the mansion. I was still on the first floor and that's where I was going to stay. I heard footsteps going upstairs. I heard moaning behind me. I heard so much until I just heard nothing.

Everything was completely silent. The hiders were hiding and the seeker was seeking. In front of me, I saw some moonlight coming in from the window. I made my way towards it. I could now see, a little bit. I crouched down behind the stairs and waited there.

As I waited, I heard a thud. Then there was another. And another. That needed to stop because something was giving away my hiding spot! It was easier to see things now. However, after seeing the two hands on the floor next to the window, I wish I didn't see anything.

To my surprise, the long pale hand stretched out and closed the curtain shut. It was dark again. I heard slapping hands, getting closer and closer to me. My body shivered. I thought my beating heart would give away any second as the slapping continued. I couldn't see a thing.

The slapping stopped. All I heard was the beating of my own heart. Then I felt it. Fingernails slid up my leg. The curtain moved over and I saw what was in front of me. A human with the head of an eyeless sock puppet.